Polo..Terrier X in terrible condition..ref. 467 HOMED

Polo..Terrier X in terrible condition..ref. 467 HOMED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Polo..Terrier X in terrible condition..ref. 467 HOMED

• This topic has 4,664 voices and 79 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Indianna

He probably is starting to feel a bit rough now that his stress levels are coming down. Stress masks many things. Great to see him sleeping on his chair and having a nice stretch and back to sleep again. Resting and sleeping soundly will do him as much good as his drugs and food. Still a handsome boy with those lovely big paws, all the better for digging with I suspect :lol:

Indianna

Just wondering :? :? :? how Polo got on at his most recent vet visit?

yoddy

Hi Indianna – Justine took Polo back to the vet on Wed night. His eye has to be bathed with a little salt water solution. He has another course of antibiotics to take and he had a lump on his back drained, but thankfully it was not infected. He’s been a real sleepy head since – very little energy, but he does like his little strolls.
    He is so docile that Tio (yes my paranoid yorkie) jumped up on the same couch that Polo was on and slept at the other end. A friend has just walked Polo today and he’s now comatose in his basket! He yearns for human affection – just pines without it.
    I had a horrible experience this morning – Polo sticks to me (or any other human in sight) like glue, but I went to sweep the kitchen floor and Polo ran away from me. I’ve never experienced that fear in a dog before and it saddened me. I have to keep telling him he will never be hurt again now that DID have him.
    I would like to thank Audrey who is taking over fostering from tomorrow.
    IMG_2303.JPG

Indianna

Thank you so much for the up-date, I do wonder about him a lot. Doesn’t the ‘brush thing’ speak volumes, poor Polo. He will, in time, learn that he can trust the people he will be around from now on. Would love to meet whoever scared and scarred him . . . :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Poor Polo, what an awful state he’s in. It’s always so hard when these ‘special cases’ come in… We’ve fostered more than one ourselves and the commitment to medication and vet visits is always worth it when they are fighting fit again and running around enjoying their second chance!!

Donation sent, though it’s only a small one.

Well done to all who are fostering him and trying to help out. I’m following his progress and hoping and praying for a home for him and all of the other DID doggies x

DID Rescue
    Keymaster

It is really hard to believe how this dog is in any way shape or form normal after the way he has suffered. The puncture wounds are clear to see and the older scars on his head prominent.
    Yet the butt of a tail nearly falls off wagging when you talk to him.
    He is in great hands with Audrey to get the best chance to recover.
    It will be great to see him all healed , shiny and healthy and hopefully a home that will love him and give him a chance to have a life.

LuvMyFurKids

Well Polo’s paws have landed and he is a HERO of a dog…..In all my years rescuing dogs I think I’ve seen it all and then a little gentle soul enters your life and you just can’t imagine what fear and torture they have suffered….this little man is called Polo or as I like to think of him as my Hero….he is still alive even though tonight I’ve counted 106 gorges and scars on his little body and he is partially sighted in one eye……

and yet he holds no grudges or contempt for us human beings….we reckon he was a bait dog and I think he was either dumped as a dead body or that he found a way to escape from the hell he was living …

He is now safe thanks to Dogs in Distress and has a long road ahead of him but this time the road is to one of recovery and a five star home waiting for him at the end of it!

Still full of Smiles

10271512_10152564977177869_2903920050662063221_n.jpg
    10808381_10152564886907869_1719340487_n.jpg
    10751603_10152564801827869_1394254820_n.jpg

Indianna

No more short stays now that you are staying in a cat-free home and your presence is not upsetting any of your new doggy companions. Thank you Tio for dealing with Polo’s emergency stay ;) Everyone who has met you Polo has, and continues to surround you with love and care. No need to tell you that I am following you every inch of the way ;) I am appalled to read that you may have been a "bait" dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: That means you have been the victim of the most horrendous cruelty inflicted on you by total trash that you would not bother to wipe your paws on. These morons should be shut in a cage with a bear and let the bear get on with it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: They will always be trash while you will heal and go on to live a fabulous life being treated like a King :D Watching from over the water :P

Indianna

That image of Polo looking up at his foster person, hoping that nothing bad is about to happen is heartbreaking :cry: :cry: :cry: . I wish and wish he could understand that he is now safe and treasured :)

LuvMyFurKids

He is enjoying just being a dog going for a walk with his doggie FRIENDs that are not going to fight or bite him

TWIST….Polo said thanks for the lovely coats
    10811595_10152568213362869_2137448101_n.jpg

Indianna

:shock: :shock: :shock: Look at you in your posh coat out strolling with your pack. Lovely to see that image. Polo, you wander through my thoughts many times a day :roll:

martem

Polo’s story and earlier photos are heart breaking. It is unbelievable that he still trust humans -but it is also wonderful as it is obvious that he will go on to have a happy, loving safe life. How could anyone treat a gentle animal like this – there is no understanding the cruelty that exists in some people – they really are filth!! I hope Polo finds his forever home soon – he sounds and looks like a wonderful gorgeous dog.

df77

Poor Polo – Such a brave little dog. What a brave little heart and so trusting. I am watching and praying for you little guy xxx

LuvMyFurKids

Well with the weather out there like it is ….Polo was happy enough to have a DVD and Duvet Day …

Sleepy Head

This boy loves company even when he is asleep

10588512_10152572425752869_150093388_n.jpg
    10804928_10152572425547869_1868426850_n.jpg

Ullmann

I watch this little dog every day. What in the name of God did people do to this sweet heart? The cruelty of some people is unreal. I hope he finds a beautiful home where he can heal all this wounds and lives a happy doggie life.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.