Polo..Terrier X in terrible condition..ref. 467 HOMED

Polo..Terrier X in terrible condition..ref. 467 HOMED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Polo..Terrier X in terrible condition..ref. 467 HOMED

• This topic has 4,664 voices and 79 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    carg

Polo…Terrier X….this poor boy was picked up in Kilbride….ref 467….we have had him at the vet and he is on antibiotics…he is now in the pound…severe infection in one eye which could lead to blindness due to neglect……covered in sores ..
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    polo1.jpg

Indianna

Never in a million years did I ever think I would say that a dog going into a pound would be a step up!!! Poor, poor dog, shame on whoever let this happen :twisted:

df77

As soon as I saw this dog posted on FB I thought of you Indianna… I know how much you love Patterdales. This poor little scrap. Fingers crossed for a full recovery and that this is the start of a new and amazing life x

marlough

How is Polo?

kaydoyle

He is doing well but needs a new foster home as he does not like the cat in his current foster home….please if you can offer foster for this boy contact Kathy on 086 3696413….we provide everything including vet costs & food etc…thanks…

yoddy

Polo is having an emergency stay over with me. He couldn’t stay with Justine as he didn’t get on with her cat. Unfortunately I can only keep Polo for a day or two as Tio, my yorkie, is very aggressive with other dogs.
    Polo arrived this afternoon and he’s a very friendly fella and his tail NEVER stops wagging :P We don’t know how he got into such a terrible state, but he was loved once as he knows how to play ball as he brings the ball back and drops it at your feet ;)
    He wasn’t crazy on dried food and Justine was soaking it, so I did the same and added chicken fillet and he’s had 2 bowls since he arrived. He’s sleeping it off now in the kitchen. :lol: He is very dog friendly – Goldie has been pottering around the kitchen and garden with him and Polo’s not bothered (even when Goldie steals his treats).
    He’s on 3 meds, eye cream, a tablet and a medicine. I’ve given him the 3 without a bother. He’s very affectionate and only need short walks as he has to be in a little pain. I hope someone comes forward to foster him as he’s a dote – if it wasn’t for Tio he wouldn’t be going anywhere else. :cry:
    IMG_2288.JPG
    IMG_2294.JPG
    IMG_2291.JPG

Indianna

Someone on FB suggested he was a Jajdterrier. Never heard of the breed so looked it up and sure enough it is a German working terrier (hence the interest in all things cats, even in such poor health). The name (? in English) is Yack Terrier. Don’t know if he is this breed but certainly looks like the many images I found, only they are not half blind and covered in sores with holes in their skin. Goodness knows what has happened to him but he seems to be coping pretty well so far. I have everything crossed that a cat-free foster home comes forward very soon so he can finally settle and get on with his recovery.

justineemoe

We were so disappointed not to be able to foster Polo because it didn’t work out with our cat…it’s always 50/50, you win some you lose some :( We had Polo for less than a day but he made a big impression in a short time. He is just adorable, he’s got a happy-go-lucky attitude despite everything he’s been through. He trots around the place looking cute with his oversized paws. There wasn’t a peep out of him last night after lights out. He is excellent on the lead. He loves being cuddled and petted. We had visitors today and within 5 minutes he was snuggling up on the couch beside them winning them over completely. He’s a very special little boy. His wounds are shocking. Like Yvonne we would have LOVED to foster him but circumstances won’t allow.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Indianna

He looks like he has been caught up in a load of barbed wire :? Seems to be a happy little soul so hopefully there is nothing that won’t heal. His eye is a bit worrying though, hope he doesn’t have to lose it :(

Budkooch

Hi, my name is Kate and I’m interested in Polo and giving him a good home. I’ve completed an application form and look forward to hearing from you…Kate

kaydoyle

Thanks a million Kate….Kathy will give you a call today ;)

yoddy

Polo is an absolute dote ;) He is the most placid dog that has ever come into the house. He loves his food but shows no interest in any kind of treat or chew. He is sleeping a lot which is good to help his recovery. He adores human interaction and I think at the moment he’d be happy to sleep most of the day with a human nearby.
    I have to give Jonathan from Ollie’s Petcare a big thank you for helping out with Polo and walking him for me.
    When Polo’s injuries heal he will be one handsome dog – his face shape is fantastic, and those paws…. :P
    I really wish a more permanent foster home would come forward as this boy just wants to be with a human and I have to split my time between him and Tio (my yorkie) as Tio doesn’t get on with other dogs. I hate leaving Polo in the kitchen on his own at times………
    He sleeps great at night ( a little bark and cry and then he snoozes until I wake him up in the morning). A little trooper. :P
    IMG_2296.JPG
    IMG_2297.JPG
    IMG_2299.JPG

justineemoe

Indianna, the good news is that the DID vet says that all of Polo’s injuries are treatable including the eye – it looks like he won’t lose it. He is due back in the vet this week for a check up. I know Yvonne is under pressure so hopefully a fosterer for Polo will step forward soon.

Indianna

Well, that is brilliant news :P :P :P . He is a handsome boy and just think how gorgeous he will be when he has recovered from everything :D

yoddy

Some pics of Polo being a sleepy head. It’s just as well there’s no sound as his snores would lift the roof :lol:
    Justine is taking him to the vet this evening so we’ll see how his wounds and his eye are doing. He whines softly all the time so I’m not sure if he’s sad or just a bit in pain.
    He really is no bother – just wants human company. Sadly my Tio is banished upstairs to allow Polo a snooze on the couch! :cry:
    IMG_2302.JPG
    IMG_2301.JPG
    IMG_2300.JPG

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.