Oscar – Fox Terrier – HOMED

Oscar – Fox Terrier – HOMED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs In Loving Memory Oscar – Fox Terrier – HOMED

• This topic has 14,212 voices and 148 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    animalhelper

So sorry to hear Oscar has gone to the rainbow bridge…. Ill never forget him when he came into the pound… god love him he was in such an awful state..one of the worst cases I have seen. Then he got the chance he needed when he ended up in DID’s care, it was great to see him blossom and become the dog he was meant to be…free of pain and so happy…. Even though that time was too short he was very lucky to get such a great home.

Run free little man xxxx

ClaireT

Oh no!!! I’m so so sorry to hear this!!!!!! It was only when his story came up on the main page that I remembered I actually saw his story from the start! I didn’t realise he was a DID doggie, I would be quite new here.. I can’t believe he is on this!!!! That first picture of him has always stuck in my mind!! I was living in Galway at the time and was following his story for a little bit..I’m so happy to have found out he got a forever family, but deeply saddened by the other bad news! :cry: he is such a beautiful looking dog!!! Someone said it earlier, a big teddy bear!!!! Oh this is so so sad, the poor little monkey!! Lots of love to his wonderful forever family, nothing can describe the pain you must be feeling right now!! Love to everyone who helped this great dog achieve the life he so deserved!!! Poor Oscar :cry: :cry: :cry: xxxxxxxxxxxx

ladles

I also remember 0scar from the pound. So sorry for your loss.

Jenny

I too remember the day Oscar came into the Pound. He was a very sorry sight but always a gentleman.

You gave him a wonderful loving home and he will always be with you.

Oscar – at rest, never forgotton.

Angela1

Thank you all so much for your kind words which mean so much to us. We’ve shed so many tears over the past 10 days but there’s been great comfort in knowing that there are ‘Doggie-people’ who understand what we’re feeling.

Right now our lives feel so empty but we keep reminding ourselves that our lives were enriched by Oscar. The 19 months he was with us were wonderful and the memories are very precious. Oscar brought out the playful puppy in our dog Max (age 7) who had thought he was human until Oscar moved into his patch and taught him how to charge around the house, launch himself off the back of the sofa, drag cushions around the house… I could go on and on… Poor Max.

Oscar had inherited a ‘gene’ that meant he was predisposed to seizures which could have started anytime from birth to the age of 5. It just seems so unfair that our ‘little tatty teddy’ had such a terrible start to what was going to be a short life. Thankfully he found Dogs in Distress and they turned things around for him.

I’m attaching a photo of Oscar that my daughter took with her phone as she was heading off to school that morning – 2 hours before Oscar became ill. He loved to sneak up to her bedroom just before she left and he’d lie on her bed for most of the morning.

Thank you all for your kindness to us but above all to our beloved Oscar xx
    ’12.jpg

Angela1

These are some photos of our time with Oscar – from long hair to short hair to long hair again!
    3 amigos.jpg
    ’11.jpg
    we should fold!.jpg

Angela1

Chilling.jpg
    ’11.jpg

dogsrule

Oh so sad when I read this about Oscar, I remember his story because he was on the website 10 days after we fostered Brandon. I recall Oscar was in a real bad state with mange. His was an unfortunate story. However, after looking on at his more recent news, his summer holidays, the smiles on the the faces of the people in his life I don’t feel as sad because his forever family clearly gave him a super kind home and he was as happy as a dog can be. That’s all we can hope for with any of the DiD dogs, that they will get the love they deserve. My thoughts are with his former fosterers and family.

Indianna

Lovely photographs. He will always be part of your family you know and as no-one in the family will ever forget him so he will always be around. The photos really are superb, a very, very happy dog.

Angela1

Niamh’s wonderful teacher gave her this prayer for Oscar’s burial …

OSCAR
    O God of all life, human and animal,
    we thank you for our pet Oscar.
    Our wish was to care for him,
    show kindness to him,
    have him for our companion and pet.
    As you have given us charge over all things,
    we deem it fitting that he should not suffer any further.
    He will return to the earth from whence he came.

We ask your blessing upon him,
    our faithful and loved companion.
    We do this with great sadness
    but with great concern and fondness for him.
    Look at our hearts and comfort us.
    Help us to be always moved by those who need us.
    We ask your special blessing on us.
    In you we trust.

kaydoyle

Thats beautiful :)

LuvMyFurKids

What a lovely gesture and thoughtful words.

Angela1

Remembering Oscar today.
    Three years on and we still miss our ‘Tatty Teddy’
    Foster Mammies 2.jpg
    Slieve Blooms 002.jpg

LuvMyFurKids

I still think of him regularly and now him and Rossi are reunited running a muck at Rainbows Bridge

Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.