Sooty – Older CKC *Rehomed by Long-Term Foster*

Sooty – Older CKC *Rehomed by Long-Term Foster*

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs In Loving Memory Sooty – Older CKC *Rehomed by Long-Term Foster*

• This topic has 7,438 voices and 43 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

Wow..thats amazing…well done ;)

ash

Today, the 26th of September 2012, is an incredibly special day – Mr. Sooty Monster will be with my little family for 3 whole years. For those of you who don’t know just how significant this is, let me fill you in:

Sooty came to me weighing half his recommended body weight, scalped and looking like a patchwork quilt from all the stitches he had. His hip bones, his ribs, his shoulders, everything poked out from under his skin and when he lay still enough we could see his heart pumping in his chest. He shivered all the time because he had no coat, he had been shaved so close that he had a film of hair covering him. This was because he had been so matted that there was nothing else that the groomer could do other than take all his coat off. His back end was very swollen with lots of stitches poking out due to operations he had done because of the neglect he had suffered. And so this bundle was delivered to me and his little face stole my heart.

Sooty was diagnosed with MVD, a serious heart problem that would inevitable take his life, and needed medication. So our house became full off pills. Sooty gets cold easily, so our house is full of jumpers. Sooty cannot get up the stairs on his own, so he has a constant lift system in the form of my 6’4” OH who will stop what he is doing to respond to the cries at the end of the stairs. Sooty was a near to impossible case to home, so we allowed him to stay in his first home. Sooty’s little heart is giving up on him so we do all the heavy lifting so that it doesn’t have to. At no point has he been a burden, at no point did we ever give up on him and at no point has he stop giving back ten times the amount we put into him.

My Sooty Monster is an advocate for adoption and for unwanted dogs, he has gone through pain and sickness that the best of us would have given up at, he has taught me never to judge a book by its cover and never to underestimate what some love and care can do, and how satisfying it is to see a dog that was given a maximum of 2 years to live still looking up at me with his little face an entire 3 years later.

I fear that this will be my last Sooty post, but I won’t believe it until it happens. He has had a hard time of it lately, with a hefty dose of kennel cough and sore joints, but he still troops on wagging his tail, rattling away in his little world. September 26th will be a day that we always remember, even when he is gone. When his heart breaks, so will ours.
    SDC10432.JPG
    SDC10402.JPG

Jenny

What a heart warming update.

Mr. Sooty Monster is much loved and loves in return – but most of all he is a great teacher ;)

yoddy

What a powerful story – well done for all the love you have given Sooty.

dogsrule

You have me in tears!

lainey

Such a nice post……he’s a very lucky little dog. And, yes Sooty,…………….I DO like your jumper ;)

kaydoyle

We would just like to say a massive thank you to all our supporters….without your help we could not continue to pay for Sootys long term care…thank you :D

ash

27th June 2013 – the day my Sooty Monster’s little body gave up the fight. We miss him and he’ll never be out of our minds. He has left an impact on us all that no words or tears will ever express. Our hearts really did break when his did.

I want to say thank you, a million times over, to those at Dogs In Distress, and Paul Kelly Vets, who helped us keep Sooty enjoying life until the very end. My Monster was a star on Earth.

Indianna

He will always be around you, his family.

kaydoyle

Thanks so much to Ash and her family for giving this special little man a chance and showing so much love and dedication….run free little man…

dogsrule

I’m so sorry to hear about Sooty…I know he wasn’t well for a while…thanks for supporting him through the ups and downs…run free little guy.

ColganFamily

This special little guy -UNDOUBTEDLY!!! – had his life prolonged thanks to the wonderful care he received while he was with you. :D :D I have reread his posts there – having followed his journey ALL THE WAY since 2009 – and he could not have ended his days in a better place. I know you are devastated now but you gave poor little Sooty everything possible – your love, time, care, attention. Well, well done and thank you all SO MUCH!!! :D :D Sleep well little angel.

LuvMyFurKids

Sooty you were the first doggies thread I ever followed and thought how wonderful your foster family and DID were for giving you all the extra support you needed! Just goes to show how all that care and your will to live in such a fab home gave you all those extra years against all odds…..sending lots of caring thoughts your way and Sooty hope you are running free at rainbows bridge!

Angela1

Run free little one. Thinking of your Forever Family.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.