Sooty – Older CKC *Rehomed by Long-Term Foster*

Sooty – Older CKC *Rehomed by Long-Term Foster*

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs In Loving Memory Sooty – Older CKC *Rehomed by Long-Term Foster*

• This topic has 7,438 voices and 43 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    ash

Sooty is still in foster care.

kaydoyle

Ash, Donagh & their own 3 doggies have decided that they just cant let Sooty go and are fostering him long term:D Congratulations & well done ;)

LuvMyFurKids

Big Congratulations on making it offical….

Joan Kirwan

Another failed foster what happening people :-) Well done Ash congratulations Sooty is in the best place .. Joan

buzzsmom

Thanks so much for taking this dog under your wing on a long term basis

Curly

Sooty has now found his forever home (long-term foster home) :D
    Ash, his foster mammy has decided to keep him, she has fallen in love with him and couldnt bear to part with him.
    He will be loved, have a warm bed, the best of food and his pals with him for the rest of his days.
    Because of Sootys heart condition, Dogs in Distress are paying for any veterinary treatment, medication, food etc. which Sooty may need for the rest of his life.
    This poor little man had no life up until the time he went into foster with Ash and Dogs in Distress want what is best for all of our dogs.
    It would be a shame to move him now and he is so happy living with Ash and her family.

We wish Sooty best wishes in his long term retirement home! ;)

ash

Sooty now!
    SDC10127.JPG

Niamh

Aw congratulations on becoming his adoptive mum, he is such a beautiful dog and deserves the best in life. CKC are amazing loyal dogs and he will repay you in his own little way. It’s sad that CKC suffer with their heart, one of mine passed away two years ago and it killed me. But Sooty now knows love and has his forever home, enoy each other and I wish you all the best of happiness.

The best thing of being a foster mum is knowing that they go on to forever homes, but it is so much more amazing when you adopt them yourself, because you know they are here to stay.

lucille

I am so happy that Ash has decided to keep Sooty…he was the one that got me involved with rescue and because of him 5 more dogs have been re-homed as I have recommended rescue to all my friends who have been interested in a dog…plus he saved Des and gave me Des, Penny & Bonnie…I never met you Sooty, but you have changed my life and those of the 5 doggies that now, like you, have a safe warm bed every night, plenty of good food to eat and loads and loads of love. Sending you a big kiss and hug from my home xxx

ash

A big thank you to Julie (juliem) for delivering pills and food this weekend!

Lucille – please pm me with your story about Sooty and how he got you involved, would love to hear it :)

ash

Today, the 26th of September, is one year since my Sooty arrived.

It took me nearly a month to post on the site because he was in such bad shape that I didn’t want to post pics of him. He was painfully thin – nearly half of what he should have weighed, very sore and swollen around his back end – due to several surgeries in the area and scalped – because he was so matted that he had to be shaved completely (he couldn’t even go to the toilet properly because of matting).

He never had any fear (and still doesn’t!), even in my mad house, and has always been so friendly to everyone he meets – which is shocking considering how badly he was treated (no/very little human contact or veterinary care, isolated his whole life, not fed properly…).

Initially, he had some food and resource aggression issues with my other dogs but they have reached an understanding (ie. they leave him alone and he leaves them alone! ;) ) and now it’s only the odd growl. He is deaf, which has gotten worse over time (he used to be able to hear loud noises – doors banging etc. – but now not even clapping over his head is heard) but it has never caused him any problems. He is quite the barker when he gets going, has no fear of anything and does everything with gusto. He knows that after he gets his pills the food is coming and if there is any delay the will let you know! He gets himself so excited when food is being handed out and, unlike when we first got him, he knows when is turn is (but still spins around is circles until then!) and doesn’t try to eat anyone elses food.

Sooty sleeps A LOT, for the joy of it and because of his heart problem. Over the year we have had him, he has slowed down a good bit and sleeps more and more. We dread to day he goes to the rainbow bridge but because of the severity of his heart issues it is something that has to be thought about and considered. He is on a lot of daily medication, has quite a low immune system (will pick up any bugs going), suffers with his anal glands (mainly due to the way he was treated before he came to me), cannot go for very long (and then needs to sleep for a few hours to recover), can only go for short (15 minute) walks – he is not able for a daily walk because it tires him out too much so he’s taken out 3/4 times per week and needs constant monitoring.

Sooty is such a wonderful addition to our household, he is truly settled and this is his home. I would never have thought I would end up with yet another ( :roll: ) Cavalier but here we are, and we treasure every moment.
    SDC10166.JPG
    SDC10196.JPG
    SDC10027.JPG

kaydoyle

I met this little gentleman today 8-) He is such a happy little chappie, his tail never stops wagging and he is full of kisses :D He is a credit to Ash and Donagh, well done ;)
    Picture 344.jpg

ash

Today is a very special day, Sooty has been with us two whole years! It’s a mini miracle (I think so anyway!) – not even the vets thought he would last this long but he’s a little trooper! This time last year we were hoping he would make it to Christmas and now we are hoping for another one. He is still a super little dude who loves pets and rubs, treats (of course!), is so good (even when things aren’t going too well) and a total charmer. He has a trick of getting his own way, that I wish I knew, and there isn’t a bad bone in his body (just a cranky one every so often!).

He spends quite a bit of time at the vets (or sleeping in the car on the way there and back!) and our house is like a chemists with all the medication but he’s doing well (for him anyway!). He still gets mad bouts of energy and boots it around, barking at nothing, but then has to sleep off all the excitement for a few hours :roll: He snores the house down when he gets going and gives out about being disturbed. He is super chilled about (almost) everything – apart from food and someone at the front door – and he’s still plodding along, a happy camper :)
    SDC10438.JPG
    SDC10402.JPG

MARYMAC

Well done Ash to you and Donagh for looking after Sooty so well. He has had extra years Im sure because he is so well loved and cared for. He looks like a very happy chappie :D May it continue.

Mary.

Indianna

:D What a lovely up-date and a very ‘Happy Ending’ indeed. I am sure when dogs have had a very hard time, they hang onto every tiny bit of happiness they find and goodness me, Sooty has found a whole world of happiness. Sooty’s happy ending has certainly warmed my heart ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.