Re: Flo – Jrt – approx. 8yrs…ref 433 *HOMED**

Re: Flo – Jrt – approx. 8yrs…ref 433 *HOMED**

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Re: Flo – Jrt – approx. 8yrs…ref 433 *HOMED**

• This topic has 3,626 voices and 144 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 145 total)
  • Author

Flo is in our foster care. Maria van de Berg very kindly dropped her halfway to meet us this eve.

Well, Flo is a little firecracker!! Full of vim and vigour, kisses and cuddles. Extremely well mannered and super cute, she is now asleep on the couch and shunning her basket!

We spent the eve settling her in. She settled down to watch a couple of episodes of the Killing and fell asleep between us.

Here is a photo of her snuggling on the couch
    I’ll update when we get to know her a bit better.
    IMG_20130909_200920.jpg

Lenbe

Flo is gorgeous!
    Was just wondering if you can advise if she is housetrained or not, if she is any good with other dogs and if she is a big barker!?
    Thanks! :)

Indianna

:? Is Flo chillaxing? She is certainly smiling and it’s great to see her so happy with everything. Super little dog :D

Hi Lembe

Flo is undergoing house training and is 90% there.

She is amazing with other people and animals. She is already friends with my neighbour’s jack Russell.

She hasn’t barked yet and she’s with us three days now.

Lovely flo sleeps the night and loves nothing more than to relax and be snuggled.

A true lady and very eager to please.

Poor darling is still a bit nervous but she will get to trust humans again soon x

Indianna, she is a real homebody!!

justineemoe

What a transformation from a nervous , huddled up little ball in the pound earlier this week to a delighted, relaxed and content bundle of joy in her new foster home. Well done Christine – you really have been a fostering whirlwind over the past few months! Great to see this little lady having the chance that she deserves.

Flo has come out of her shell a lot!

She loves her walkies and jumps up and down when the leash is presented.

Loves her food and a little taste of human food though she has quite a plain palette and just likes the usual stuff – cheese and meats etc.

This girl is adorable and has a sweet and gentle disposition. She gets along with adults, children and other animals. The only thing she doesn’t like are cyclists :)

She is amazing on the leash… She walks when you walk and stops when you stop. Incredibly obedient and excellent on recall when off leash.

She sleeps alone on her couch in the eve and is happy with that. No begging to come into the bedroom like most new fosters.

Flo would adapt to almost any home. Very loving and lovely girl.

Here are some photos of Flo with our Neighbour and her dog on a play date!
    IMG_20130913_145449.jpg
    IMG_20130913_145257.jpg

Here are some photos if Flo at Flyfest today.

She had an eventful weekend! Yesterday she went on a walking tour of Stoneybatter where she meeted and greeted with the tourists and locals.

Today she hung out on the roof terrace of Shane’s work at the IFSC watching the planes and enjoying the attentions of the families there for the show.

Flo can be taken anywhere. She is so incredibly well behaved.
    IMG_20130915_160035.jpg
    IMG_20130915_174428.JPG

Little Flo has really settled in. She is just a little doll and absolutely no trouble.

A quiet girl with a super sweet disposition. We firmly believe Flo would thrive in an environment where there are other dogs readily available for play. She gets on amazingly with other animals.

She is a very low shedding dog too.

Flo gets on with adults and children and sits quietly while the neighborhood children pet her. She would be perfectly fine in a home with older children.

A gentle soul, she can be brought anywhere. She is a smiley, happy and pleasant little girl.

Flo came out for dinner with us on Saturday evening where we ate outdoors and she was so good. We then took her down the local for a pint and she sat happily between us taking it all in and relaxing.

Flo is very curious and probably the easiest foster we’ve ever had. Everyone just loves her.

Here are some Flo photos. Enjoy!!
    IMG_20130921_195713.jpg
    IMG_20130921_215737_1.jpg
    IMG_20130921_193435.jpg

Lenbe

Hi – How is Flo doing!?
    I love her, she is very similar to my old dog who I had to get put down (due to old age!).
    Would love to adopt a dog like her and spoil her – but I work away from my home during the day.

Hi Lenbe

Little Flo is thriving! She has lost weight (she was overweight/under walked when she came to us) and is seriously fit!!

Flo ADORES her walks and jumps up and down like she’s on springs while she waits for the coat to go on. Flo walks at a good pace when out and has the health of a dog half her age.

Flo is good eater but just likes her dog food, and a little beef or chicken. She’s not an adventurous foodie :)

However Flo is super curious in other ways.. She watches everything and has a natural curiosity for the world around her which is super cute.

This little lady is a dote and excellent with children and other animals. She walks daily with my neighbour’s jack Russell who is in love with her!

Flo is a very low shedding dog which is good news for furniture and clothing.

Flo would suit a home where there are other animals to play with regularly as she adores company. She loves her rubs and to be with her humans on the couch (she likes to sit in the middle of us on the couch).

Here are some photos of Flo and a link to her playing in the park..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Ux3Tm … ata_player
    IMG_20131006_141816.jpg
    IMG_20130916_120736.jpg

Well Flo doesn’t like the rain!! This little lady had to have the brolly over her to get her out for her morning constitutional :)

Here is a photo of Flo in her bed (the couch)… She loves to be tucked I’m at night and even lies on a cushion as a pillow. So cute!!

Also, here’s a link to a video of her getting excited to go for walkies (when it wasn’t raining!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkb4Skj … ata_player

Enjoy :)
    IMG_20131016_165311.JPG

kaydoyle

That’s too cute :D

justineemoe

Flo is just gorgeous and perfect in every way. I can’t believe she springs about like Tigger when she’s waiting for her walk! So funny! What is it about dogs and their walks? They are right though, it’s always nice to go for a walk whatever the weather, and without a little dog to go with you just wouldn’t bother. It’s one of the many privileges of sharing your home with a dog. They force us to go out for a walk and sometimes you don’t feel like it but in the end you always enjoy it.

Kathy, she is a doll!!

Justine, I’d be two stone heavier if I didn’t foster :o :o There’s nothing like the company of a dog whether walking or snuggled on the couch. They complete a home and I’d never be without one.

Little Flo enjoying the sunshine in Clontarf yesterday :)

Then look at her all tuckered out on the couch ready for an early night. Such a sweetie and a good girl.

Flo loves her walks and is always on the lookout for a new doggie pal to sniff and say hi to!!
    IMG_20131017_162006.jpg
    IMG_20131017_162256.jpg
    IMG_20131016_222445.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.