Schumacher GSD

Schumacher GSD

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs In Loving Memory Schumacher GSD

• This topic has 5,326 voices and 28 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    skymoon

Unfortunately things did not work out for lovely Schumacher in his new home, so he is back with us in foster care. Schue is about 7yrs old and will need time, effort & TLC to settle in his new home. He is an absolute dote at home with other dogs as well as cats, but out and about can be reactive to other dogs. He would be best in a home that is familiar with the breed and has the time to get him settled. If anybody wants any more info, please feel free to contact me!

Here is a few photos of Schue with his newest "friend" ;)
    New friend 3.JPG
    New friend 2.JPG
    New friend 1.JPG

Jimd09

Well he may not have his forever home yet, but Schuey sure looks happy. Handsome dog :)

skymoon

Thank you, very kind :D !

Schue is heading to the vet tomorrow morning for a checkup. He has had some issues with his back legs, and I am hoping it is nothing serious :( … But will now more tomorrow. Please keep fingers and paws crossed that it is nothing!

Here he is enjoying the sun.
    Handsome man.JPG

skymoon

Schumacher was x-rayed couple of weeks ago, and unfortunately he has spondylosis and a "loose" hip :cry: He has been on medication for two weeks, and next week we will find out if he needs to be on medication all the time or only periodically.

Schue is doing well and is as strong as ever! The first week after his x-rays he was on reduced exercise, and he was not a happy camper :roll: But we are now back to normal and he is once again back to playing football (which he loves :P ) Of course this is a bit of a moderated version from his previous games as we don not want him to hurt himself.

I am still hoping that there is someone out there for Mr Schumacher as he is a lovely boy :P

And here he is having a rest after ball game!
    Tired.JPG

skymoon

Schumaher "Schubie" is still with us in foster care. A few weeks ago he was x-rayed to find out issues with his backend. X-ray revealed that he has spondylosis (arthritis on the spine). Thankfully it is not too bad and he does not seem to be in pain, so no need for medication. This of course might change later on.

Schubie is a strong boy who gets on with other dogs in the family, but I feel he would be happier as an only dog. He is a devoting personality and would suit somebody who maybe works from home.

Schubie walks well on the lead, but can start to pull if sees rabbits or foxes! He can also be reactive to other dogs (mainly bigger dogs like collies and other shepherds), but we are working on this and he is getting better day by day!

Unfortunately our own shepherd girl only tolerates Mr Schumaher and as time has gone by has she has become depressed with the situation. So as you can understand it would be quite urgent for us to find Schubie his forever home.

We are aware that Schubie’s age, 7yrs, and the fact that he has spondylosis will make it harder to find a home… But we are hopeful that his right family is out there :)

Below is a link to see Schubie at his best! Hope it works :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_d3zpVFLnY

skymoon

Schubie is doing well, even in the proper summer we are finally getting :P And he has adjusted… So instead of having a full on ball game in the garden, we are having a lazy game in the house ;)
    Schubie, ball & bed 3.jpg
    Schubie, ball & bed 2.jpg
    Schubie, ball & bed.jpg

Indianna

:shock: What a gorgeous dog you are 8-) . It’s nice to get your happy up-dates and you look very contented.

skymoon

Schubie Boobie is spending his second xmas with us… His new year’s eve wish of a forever home has not come true… :cry: But hey, there is always next year, and it is bound to be Schubies!!!

Anyway, Schubie is doing good. He loves his walks and ball games even with 7 years under the belt! I think he is making up missing out the first 6yrs ;) He also loves to play with our Z-man… But Moon is still not too pleased with him :(

Schubie loves company, so if you work from home, he is an ideal dog! Previously I had said that I feel he would be happier as an only dog, but Schubie’s relationship with Z-man has showed me that he would definitely enjoy sharing with another dog :P But, as I have seen with us, more than two for him is a crowd…

Will be posting some photos soon, so stay tuned… ;)

skymoon

Here is a few photos of Schubie playing with Zorro.
    Play with Z 3.JPG
    Play with Z 2.JPG
    Play with Z 1.JPG

Indianna

Red bed, blue bed, tennis ball and little friend to play with – merry Christmas you gorgeous creature :D

skymoon

"My foster family asked me to say something, but too busy… Having a pigs ear…slurp…"

Regards,
    Schubie
    P1160038.JPG
    P1160036.JPG

Indianna

Enough said, enjoy your treat ;)

skymoon

"Say hello to my little friend…"
    Little Friend.jpg

Indianna

Hello gorgeous :)

skymoon

Handsome, gorgeous, sweet Schubie passed away last night
    Schubie.JPG

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.