Peeing

Peeing

New Home Forums DID Dogs Advice Peeing

• This topic has 554 voices and 4 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Angels

Hi,

Ive got a three old dog who we rescued two years ago. Since we have had our dog, the very odd occassion when myself and my hubby go out together and come back, our dog has peed on the landing. She doesn’t do it too often thankfully, but she does it all the same. Ive given out to her but it does nothing and the poor thing just looks at us as if to say what have I done How can I control this and stop her doing it once and for all?

Thanks,
    Angels

sassychick

Hi angels,r u catching her in the act and then giving out to her or see it later and then say it…if so she wouldnt know why you are giving out to her you need to catch her and then reprimand so she knows this is not acceptable behavior..If you are leaving her alone is it not possible to leave her in one area of the house or even outside,somewhere that is easy to clean up if she does need to relieve herself ;) Hope this helps ya :)

sassychick

Hi angels,im no dog expert but are you giving out to her after she has peed or are you catching her doing it and then reprimanding her..if its the first she may not understand why she is been givin out to so therefore you will get nowhere with getting her to stop!!!Would you not confine her to a room or the back garden so if she does urinate it would be easier to clean up…just an idea ;)

Angels

Unfortunately its afterwards and I’m very aware that she wont know what it is about – although to some extent I think she does know – because she is more playful than normal when we come in. She is a house dog and we don’t let her out the back unless we are there, terrified she would escape and we couldn’t find her or that she would be stolen as there has been an awful lot of interest in her and she would go with anyone

sassychick

Yeah i can see where you are coming from about leaving her out te back…maybe try leaving her in the kitchen with a few toys i know it wont stop her peeing but maybe she mitent be as anxious about being left alone..sorry i cant be of more help to ya ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.