Jessie…ref 116…8mts .Lab X Collie…RESERVED

Jessie…ref 116…8mts .Lab X Collie…RESERVED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Adopt a Dog or Pup Jessie…ref 116…8mts .Lab X Collie…RESERVED

• This topic has 1,092 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    AnnaRa

Poppy’s had her little operation yesterday and is doing very well. Her energy levels are back to normal and the cone doesn’t seem to bother her at all. She’s a real "get on with things" girl. :D Her housetraining is also going great, she’s great for going to the toilet in the garden and is learning to go when we’re out on walks. Lucky you, Poppy, vet says no walks for three days! ;)

AnnaRa

:)
    Jessie3.jpg

Stanley

Hi anna ,

first thing i have to say is , this dog looks a beauty. I really like the look of her . Lovely face and shiny coat with the white socks to boot.
    She looks like a photo fit on my idea dog tbh.
    In the first photo she looked huge so i hadn’t taken any notice of her until now :>)
    how big do you think she will get ?
    collie size or more to a lab ?

How is she getting on in your house ?
    House-training , night sleep wise and other things like that ?
    Reason i ask is Iam up for 5.30am :>)
    On the plus side of this early start the dog we had till last year got walked and was active most of the day and he last till the ripe age of 18. That dog was a collie , did Jessie get the lab or collie personality temperament or is it a mix …

Thanks for your help

AnnaRa

Hi Stanley,
    she really is gorgeous. She’s a medium sized dog, more like a small collie than a lab. Her belly and the underside of her snout are dark brown so she may be a chocolate lab cross. We don’t think she’s going to get any bigger as her paws are in proportion to the rest of her body. In temperament she’s more like a collie than a lab. She’s very smart and eager to please, responds well to rewards (she’s food driven which is great for training) and very curious. Once she’d come out of her shell after a few days with us, her bright and positive personality really started to shine through. Nothing is a threat, everyone is friendly and interesting to her. She absolutely loves people and children in particular. She loves walks so she would be great in an active home with lots of walks or people coming and going. She wasn’t house trained when she came to us, but she is making great progress, and has already learned to ask when she needs to go out. She seemed unused to going to the toilet whilst on a lead at first, and preferred going in the back garden off the lead, but now she is going whilst out for walks on the lead too. At the moment I bring her out about once every 90 mins as she’s just starting to train and she has learned to wait for these walks very quickly. She loves having a good run and a sniff about, and once she has these she generally just goes to sleep when she’s inside. She also likes plenty of dog toys to play with (her favourite is the antler because there’s great chewing in that!) and loves any chance at a bit of a mess around with her human! I’m attaching a picture with Jack our springer/setter x for comparison.. You can see she’s smaller and more slender than him, but well, that’s the heavy spaniel build on him. ;) We’d be happy to arrange for you to meet her if you’re interested.
    Jessie and Jack.jpg

AnnaRa

Hi Stanley, I forgot to mention that Jessie has been fine at night. She sleeps in the kitchen by herself and once she’s settled for the night we dont hear a sound from her until the morning.

kaydoyle

Thanks a millon Anna…fantastic update..

If you are interested in adopting any of our dogs Stanley, could you please fill in an adoption application form and our homing team will be in touch…thanks.

http://dogsindistressforms.org/adopt-a- … tion-form/

Stanley

hi Kay ,

I have filled in the form already , I applied for Shelby a few weeks back but she was reserved . I will re send the email of the apllication form now , back to Claire , who replied to me originally . She also said at the time this application would cover future adoption applications I would make .

thanks

Phil

AnnaRa

To celebrate the stitches coming out and the cone gone, we went to the beach. Poppy did great, her recall really amazed us and she was so happy and bouncy. She even followed Jack into the water, only to realise she didn’t really like it, and hop back out like a rabbit. She made us laugh so much! :D
    IMG-20150329-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150329-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20150329-WA0003.jpg

AnnaRa

:)
    IMG-20150329-WA0003.jpg

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.