Dandruff but shiny coat….advice needed!!!

Dandruff but shiny coat….advice needed!!!

New Home Forums DID Dogs Advice Dandruff but shiny coat….advice needed!!!

• This topic has 726 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ptahaney

Anyone know how to clear up dandruff on a dog….has a REALLY shiny coat? It’s not itchy at all….

Meant to ask the vet when I was last in but forgot.

ash

Sounds like plain old dandruff to me. Brushing should help sort this out – stimulates blood flow to the skin and gets rid of dead skin cells. Also, dandruff can be caused by a mild food allergy, you may need to take a look at what your dog is eating. Some fish oils in the diet would be a good idea too, works very well with some dogs.

wiv

There’s a great skin shampoo called dermocanis you could use. Its a skin wash and expensive for a shampoo but it works! The coat and skin is spotless after use. You shampoo it in and leave for a few minutes.I think you can only buy from a vet.

Anonymous

One of the best things for dandruff and I kid you not is head and shoulders, yes the human shampoo!!!

Works brilliantly and perfectly safe for doggies. Easier solution and no discomfort.

Also another product to use in food is cannyglo (not sure if spelling is correct will have to check the bottle) but full of good oils for the skin.

ptahaney

Thanks a million…..

DID Rescue
    Keymaster

If there is dry skin in existance then there is an underlying problem.
    Shampoo will only mask the symptoms.
    You need to look at diet first……..usually the root cause.
    Dont mask the symptoms with a shampoo get to the root cause.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.