3 am Barking

3 am Barking

New Home Forums DID Dogs Advice 3 am Barking

• This topic has 989 voices and 1 reply.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Holly

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me. We rescued Cooper about 3 months ago. He is wonderful and a fabulous dog.
    We have a small problem though that is becoming very annoying. Every night between 3-4am cooper decides to go mad barking to get outside. I believe the foxes who live locally have this planned and love to hear Cooper go all crazy only for me to come down and send him back to bed.
    It happens again at 6:30 am and he gets let out and stays out until the house is up.

How can we Stop this 3 am alarm and leave him in his bed, or it is a case of closing off him sleeping area so he cannot wander to the door. This may mean moving his bed to the colder utility room :(

Any ideas?

Marc

Boomdog

Hi Marc
    We had the same situation with our last foster but it only seemed to be if someone passed the house or woke her. It became a tiny bit worrying as our neighbours had small kids and early starts…Not sure what it is, probably changing the bed is the best thing. We moved our little fellow into the front room that’s sealed off in he back of the house and that seemed to work..Don’t worry about the utilty being that cold- you’d be surprised how resilient the pooches can be..Sorry, I can’t be more help..Think it’s just part of the process..Best of luck
    M

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.