Zorro – Dacshund x Terrier – HOMED

Zorro – Dacshund x Terrier – HOMED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Zorro – Dacshund x Terrier – HOMED

• This topic has 4,353 voices and 38 replies.
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Lorli

Well this lovely little man is going to his forever home on sunday :) im really going to miss him but im absolutely delighted for him :D

LuvMyFurKids

Be happy little water baby! have a happy hound ending

Lorli

Zorro has gone off to his forever home with his new mammy Susan :D I wish them all the best, and hope to see loads of updates on how he’s getting on :)

Hi all,

I collected Zorro yesterday from Laura, he was an angel in the car on the way home.

He spent quiet awhile sniffing around his new surroundings. He slept well last night and had no accidents. Today went to the vet as he had hurt his nail it had to be removed and the brave boy was so good he didn’t even yelp. Then we went to the park and had fun walking around. I didn’t try him off his lead yet as I want to wait till he is more used to me.

He is giving me loads of cuddles and kisses so think he will settle in well. He hasn’t really eaten yet but I’m sure he will soon! Here’s some pic’s and I will post again in a few days.

I have to say everyone involved with DID has been brilliant esp Laura and Kathy I’m sure I will be in touch with more questions soon :D
    021.JPG
    023.JPG

kaydoyle

Ahh…thanks a million Susan, he looks so happy :D

Lorli

Thanks Susan, glad everything went well in the vets. He looks so happy :)

Lorli

I hope this little lad is getting on well and has settled into his new home now :)

Zorro is my best buddy these days! Trots around the house after me, and loves loads of cuddles on the couch (though I’m practically hanging off the edge while he sprawls out!).

He started in doggy day care last week, he is having some problems with the other dogs. He is great around small dogs or puppies but is very nervous around a group of dogs and tends to snarl and bare his teeth. I am hoping this is just until he gets used to day care.

I brought him down to my parents in Wexford this weekend and let him off the lead for the first time on the beach and he loved it running in to the sea (I brought my camera with me but typically the battery was dead so no pics!) He was very nervous around my parents and was on edge but I’m sure he’ll be fine when he gets to know them. They have a dog called Molly and neither of them were impressed with each other and tended to ignore each other.

But if one was over with me the other got a bit jealous!

I’m hoping the snarling and baring his teeth will stop soon, he’s only with me two weeks now so its still the settling in period. If it keeps up I think we will go to some behavioural classes, which would be just as much for me as him as at the moment I’m not sure what way to handle the snarling. He is great with me but we will work on the social skills together!

As you will see from the pic he has made himself at home on my couch! I’ll keep you posted on how he is getting on and if anyone has some advise on the snarling I would appreciate it.
    zor.jpg

kaydoyle

Hi Susan,

Its great he is settling in but he has had so many changes in the last two weeks that he is obviously fearful and upset.

I will call you tomorrow ;)

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.