Ruby 5mt old spaniel x lab puppy *HOMED*

Ruby 5mt old spaniel x lab puppy *HOMED*

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Ruby 5mt old spaniel x lab puppy *HOMED*

• This topic has 3,857 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

Poor little Ruby came from a home in an awful state. She is very malnourished, you can see her ribs, spine and hips. She is very scared and will cling onto your leg, she will cower when you go to pet her, and will freeze on the spot if you go to lift her up. She wont even take the time to chew her food and will hoover up any food in her path. She is nowhere near the height or weight she should be…. this is a true neglect case….. and this dog is from a HOME!!!! This is an absolute discrace and the owners should be held accountable and be ashamed for what they put this poor sweet girl through.

I’m sure in time she will trust again and be even more stunning when she fills out.
    ruby.jpg
    ruby1.jpg

tracy

I have this beautiful girl in foster with me,she does’nt know how to play,does’nt know what a toy is.She’s very skinny and eats her food like its the last meal she will have.
    Monty is keeping his distance from her for now as he knows shes terrified.She hasn’t had much affection and it shows,but I would like to say she is so pretty,chocolate brown colour and the most beautiful brown eyes that would melt your heart.
    She will soon put on weight and come out of her shell .

tracy

beautiful ruby
    ruby 008.jpg

tracy

waiting for some food
    ruby 013.jpg

tracy

so pretty
    ruby 1 001.jpg

tracy

all snuggled up
    ruby 1 002.jpg

kaydoyle

Wow :D Well done Tracy, that terrified look is gone already and I know with all your good care she will be a normal little puppy very soon ;)

tracy

Rubys first night went good,she started to wag her tail a little bit which is lovely to see. Still scared of Monty so they just keep their distance from each other but Im sure after a few days she will be more comfortable with him. I am feeding her regular small feeds to try build her body condition up slowly. She still hasnt played with any toys, just wants to be right beside me all the time.

tracy

quick update,ruby loves her walks,still a little scared of sounds or traffic but quickly gets over it.she is so loving and craves affection,even crawling on top of my head if im sitting on the sofa :D .tonight i was so proud of her ,monty was on the sofa and i sat beside him,ruby wanted me to rub her and quickly figured out that she needed to get on the sofa near monty to get attention from me,she didnt get to close to him but close enough that she felt comfortable,my husband took a picture as we were both delighted that she is feeling a little more comfortable with monty all ready.

tracy

ruby feeling comfortable enough to get close to monty ;)
    ruby 2 010.jpg

tracy

isnt she so pretty :D
    ruby 2 014.jpg

ColganFamily

She is absolutely gorgeous!! :D

tracy

ruby is flying along now,started playing with monty today all though if he gets to rough she runs and hides under the chair.also shes getting better with new people,as long as they dont pet her and just wait till she comes to them shes fine with that.she adores kids and is very gentle with them.it just shows with only a couple of days how a dog can trust again.

tracy

posing for the camera
    ruby 2 005.jpg

JenB

This poor girl. Thank god she can now get the proper love and care that she deserves. Stunning girl!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.