Rex – Collie x Boxer *HOMED*

Rex – Collie x Boxer *HOMED*

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Rex – Collie x Boxer *HOMED*

• This topic has 6,275 voices and 55 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    animalhelper

Name: Rex

Reference Number: 415

Sex: Male

Located: Ashton Pound

Found:

Date Out: NOW

Rex is absolutley petrified, wouldn’t move from his bed and was shaking all over with nerves. Hopefully he will improve soon, poor guy. :cry:

Jenny

This poor is so frientened in the Pound, hopefully he will come for a walk tomorrow. I saw him peeping over into the next kennel – he’s finding life in the Pound very strange indeed. Rex is a really handsome dog – lets hope his forever home is just around the corner.

ladles

I hope we can coax this lovely dog out soon. When the pound was closing today he was asleep with his pig’s ear treat beside him. It would break your heart, he must have been blotting all the noises out around him.

ladles

I wasn’t good at coaxing Rex out, but Jimmy was. He is a very handsome dog, gentle and quite timid looking. Hopefully he will come out of his shell more.

ladles

This guy was out and about today, he is much better and getting used to his surroundings. Hard to believe someone would want to give him up.

Jenny

Well our Rex is a little bit happier today – he came out of his kennel for Anne and off they went for a well deserved walk. Rex is a real beauty in every way – another real gem to be found in Ashton Pound.

ladles

One would have to think that this poor dog was shown very little affection. When you kneel down beside a dog, they normally come to you for the cuddles and some can even knock you over with their exuberance. This does not happen with Rex, he really is not so sure about what to do. He seemed to enjoy the chin rubs I gave him. This fella seems to like other dogs, he wags his tail when he approaches, otherwise its down. He really does not like going back in or even towards the pound and he will pull as far out from the door as possible when passing. He is a gentle fella, I had to lift him back in and he was ok. He has the sadest way about him.

martinac

this guy is a pet and is coming on in confidence and was super today. He absolutely loves kids..especially the little ones and just wanted to lick their faces. We had a great time with Rex today and he was wagging the tail quite a lot with both my little niece and nephew. He is still very cautious and would need some quiet time to get to know what its like to be a dog and how to react. He needs to get out to foster or even better a forever home asap!. Think my little nephew probably harassed my brother on their way back to Mayo as he was very smitten with Rex and he is only 6 and was bitten by a dog when he was about 3! a big step for my nephew today all thanks to Rex..big steps for both!!!

martinac

rex was so eager to get out yesterday morning which is a big difference from him being to nervous to budge from his kennel last weekend. he really has come on leaps and bounds but I think yesterday he was down in himself. He really needs to get out of the pound. He is a lovely fella and just needs that special home to give him the attention he needs and teach him how to be a dog!. He is a beauty and is shell shocked having being dumped in the pound. He was whining later on to get out too and a nice lady took him out so he had a good couple of runs around. It was so sad though to see his sad eyes when he is being taken back to the kennels..your heart would just sink! hopefully he will be rehomed soon. It will take time to win his trust and love..god knows what kind of "home" he came from…poor rex! have fingers crossed that you get a nice warm safe loving home…

kaydoyle

Rex is gone into foster with the fantastic Animal Helper (the best foster mammy in the world):D

ladles

Thats great news, he will be spoilt rotten.

martinac

oh what great great news!!! he so needed this break…now its Hudson and Mitch’s turn..:))

animalhelper

Well this lovely lad is home with me, now named Murphy as he doesn’t respond to Rex. I would say he was kept outdoors all his life, he doesn’t know what a bed is and is anxious inside and thinks he has to go outside all the time, but he’ll soon learn it’s better indoors.
    He loves toys and has been playing fetch with me, and had a bubble bath so is now shining. :D
    I have received alot of licks from him but we will have to build up his trust as at the moment he is unsure when you show him affection or rewards, but we will have that sorted in no time! :D Because he’ll be getting plenty of it. I would say he has been hit in the past and not given any love.
    He has a major crush on our Hailey, and keeps trying to hump her, she’s having none of it and putting him in his place. (Will be counting down the days to his neuter :lol: ) and is marking his territory around the house :roll:
    Will upload pics tonight, he’s a super fella and I dont know how anyone could part with him, their lose is our gain!

martinac

is such great news..has really made my day!!!. Major soft spot for this wee fella..

Jenny

Your a star Kim, if anyone can help this poor chap adjust it’s you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.