Tully – Collie x – 12yrs plus

Tully – Collie x – 12yrs plus

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs In Loving Memory Tully – Collie x – 12yrs plus

• This topic has 2,857 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

Sweet Jesus….you think you have seen it all :( :x :o :evil:

Ref 545 Tully. Male neutered. Found straying in Tullyfarm Trim. Collie black and brown. Tully is in very bad condition, his fur is badly matted under his belly and he is very bony. He isn’t very responsive at first so possibly deaf. When he sees you though he does brighten up and he is very quiet but very sweet and gentle. he is old maybe 10-12 years old

Contact Meath Pound directly on 01 8026676…
    IMG_00001888.jpg

Marybh

Oh dear god…my heart is broken looking at this poor boy.. :cry:

LuvMyFurKids

Typing through tears …..why o why do these poor oldies get treated so badly….they given years of unconditional love and then they get turfed out…..truly stomach turning.

Tully you will be in my thoughts and my prayers tonight

kaydoyle

We have foster for this poor boy but he needs a lift from Dunboyne to Kilkenny….please if you can help contact Kathy on 086 3696413…thanks..

kaydoyle

This is sorted, thanks to Phillip Dempsey for organising supplies….Vikki & Mary for organising transport & Sue for opening her home to this poor old boy…..thank you all so much….

Jenny

Thank you everybody – lifesavers all ;)

lainey

Goes to show the power of teamwork :-). Thanks to everybody involved in getting this poor guy to safety xxx

kaydoyle

From Sue…Tullys new mammy :D

"Have this lovely gentle boy here and spent last 2 hours removing what matts I can, many, the scissors wont cut through and most are so closely attached to his skin that its not safe to try to cut them out, he really needs to be completely shaved by a qualified groomer.

I have a carrier bag full of matts but it doesn’t look as though I have touched him, he doesn’t like covers, pushes then away and lies on the floor, shouldn’t think he’s ever lived indoors. Mary said he’s got the;runs; so will only feed him tiny amounts. He’s asleep by my chair and snoring…………….think I will call him Gem, because he’s a little Gem

LuvMyFurKids

This has made my weekend and Sue I think you have just hit the jackpot on the naming front! Gem …..I love it ….I hope this beautiful boy has a long and healthy happy life ahead of him

yoddy

What an awful story poor Tully/Gem seems to tell.It really is heartbreaking to see old dogs in the pound, although it seems he wasn’t much cared for anyway. Well done Sue for fostering this poor boy – only love and care from here on in. :D

kaydoyle

From Sue..

Kathy I took Tully[Gem] to a very nice girl groomer who had been a vets receptionist for some years, she did a very good job on him and hes now a short haired brown Merle….collie, but she found 2 things of concern, one, hes not neutered he has 2 descended testicles, which may explain a lot of in house urinating more worrying she found an abscuss or possibly shes not sure, a tumour in his anal gland.

In himself hes much livelier, I think the incredible amount of matts stopped him from walking properly, hes eating well, and seems quite a lot happier in himself, hes on a nice padded duvet with quilt cover and seems much more relaxed, I would like to think that he could cope with the anaesthetic and once neutered and his anal problem monitored, he would have a good quality of life, he may not have many months left to him but what he does have , I believe would be of a good quality.

We will get him to Vet on Monday and update…
    P1010048.JPG

Marybh

Hey Sue Tully/Gem……

Well sue what a great name for him, as he is such a gem and was so good in the car.

He looks really good with his new hair cut 8-) a very handsome boy!
    I’m so happy he is settling in so well with you now
    and over the moon for him, that he has found such loving, caring mammy & forever home in the autumn years of his life.

Thank you for up dating so soon.

Mary xx

kaydoyle

From Sue..

Today Gem CANTERED , only for a few seconds, but he certainly extended his rapid trot, into a canter, we have mainly grass at our front so each time hes fed [5 small meals at the moment] he gets taken out to do a ;wee;and have a wander, today also he appeared to drink a little less which is a good sign as he was drinking far too much before, he alternates between long sleeping sessions and short bursts of activity, we are both greeted with a wagging tail now which is lovely :D

Caragh

Well done sue and everyone involved. Such great work

kaydoyle

From Sue…

Thank you Dogs in Distress for the lovely big coat which will totally cover him and the grooming parlour money that is very kind of you and much appreciated.

Gem now has the [fenced in ] front garden to wander in for a few minutes each time he’s had a meal and gone out for a wee,, he’s met all our dogs accept our blind boy Josh who adores people but finds dogs crowding him stressful. He’s also met the cat and taken no notice of him. He’s found his ;greeting; voice a low rumble in his throat, and he loves a rub around his face and head, such a good dog and so wrong that he was neglected to such an awful extent.

Thank you for getting him out of the pound. Sue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.