Tanner – Black Labrador x – HOMED

Tanner – Black Labrador x – HOMED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Tanner – Black Labrador x – HOMED

• This topic has 3,599 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

:D :D
    Picture 611.jpg

LuvMyFurKids

Happy Christmas Mr Handsome!

Banaltra

Hi guys. Giving a long awaited update on Toby. Toby has been with us for over a year and a half now. We absolutely adore him. He’s very affectionate. He used to be a bit funny with men when we first got him but he just loves everyone now.
    As you know he had issues with cars. It took 8 months of absolute patience knowing when to take each step with him, but as a result Toby now loves nothing more than going into the car. In fact, apart from cuddling into me its his most favourite thing. If we pass by the boot of my car he sits at it sniffing at it trying to get in. On another day when we were down the country my brother opened up his very full boot and Toby tried to get in without success due the lack of space in it, hehe! Its so lovely to see how something that was so negative for him ended up being such a positive thing in his life.
    We often go down the country with the dogs and I have to say, they are definitely country dogs at heart. They have an acre securely fenced off around the house and though they love being inside the house in Dublin, they just want to stay outside all day in the country.
    The dogs get on really well together which is great. I think though Toby is generally a very happy relaxed dog, but on the very odd occasion if he is in a small confined space with an unfamiliar person he seems nervous and anxious so I haven’t ever left him in a kennel. Also he’s not necessarily great with other dogs. Its hit or miss unless they are puppies. That’s my next big step so we have an extra option other than our usual dogsitter who stays with them while were away. I got engaged there last Christmas and we would love to feel comfortable with leaving him in a kennel for 2 nights when we get married as our usual doggysitters will be attending the wedding. But all in good time.
    So Toby is well settled, and I really think he’s so happy to be part of our little family, as we are to have him as part of ours. He needs to lose a little weight but he really loves running around the perimeter of the park so we’ll knock that weight off him in no time, and he’s on very healthy dry food so it shouldn’t take long.
    020.JPG
    iphone 4s 018.JPG
    iphone 4s 019.JPG

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would highly recommend http://www.homefromhomekennels.com As an owner of 3 Labradors,I hated the thoughts of them being cooped. The dogs are not in kennels but part of the household, they have acres to play on and all in together. I was worried about my anti social male but he was grand. When my gang were there, they were some of 13 dogs all playing and walking together, with river swims each morning!!! They slept for the whole day when they came home. Its like their own holiday!!!!

Banaltra

Really appreciate that lab lady. I’ll check them out. Think I’ll book them in for one night sometime and see how they get on.

doglover

Hi ,tobys foster mum here ,great to see how hes getting on, he looks so happy,he was my first foster if i remember correctly,theres been so many :) Anyway congrats on the engagement ,will we have four legged ring bearers :lol: ,wishing you every happiness, Alison

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.