Shelly – Collie x *HOMED*….

Shelly – Collie x *HOMED*….

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Shelly – Collie x *HOMED*….

• This topic has 669 voices and 43 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

This little lady is gone into foster with Emma – thanks a million. Also thanks to Audrey for doing the transport ;) This little lady will be wormed, vaccinated, microchipped and neutered before being rehomed.

LuvMyFurKids

Shelly(real name Molly) is just a sweetheart…..she was very unsure of what was going on when I collected her….Had to believe this beautiful bouncy bonnie last is as old as 8yrs ….she has an amazing spring in her step and has been cherished for the last 8yrs…..her coat is very soft and she has a loving nature…..I got to give her lovely rubs in Emmas and I was repaid with plenty of wags of the tail….She will settle down in no time at all….her colouring is mainly black with a few tan highlights around the ears and face.

annejohara

This little lady is gone into foster with Emma – thanks a million. Also thanks to Audrey for doing the transport ;)[/quote:3n2s7n7h]
    Would love to know more about her need to find an older dog for an older person as a companion she has a lot of love to give but unfortunatly is not able for an active dog.

emmat

I have had Molly with me now since wednesday…apologies for the delay in this post but my broadband was only repaired today.

Molly is an older dog but such a lady and with a fabulous attitude. She came from a very good home and it shows. She has settled here very well and has taken quite a shine to my fiance …she is his shadow.

Right now she is napping under the table which seems to be her favoured spot for some down time. She is fully housetrained. In fact, she will not even do her business on my patio or flower bed – like a horse she will only pee on grass! So we go for outings quite a bit.

Her first night she whined a bit but now happily sleeps downstairs in her bed – or if she is feeling rebelious (and knows we are asleep) she will sneak up and sleep at the top of the stairs outside our bedroom door.

She does get spooked by loud bangs and people knocking on the door. But the latter is a good thing I think for security – the important thing is that she stops when you tell her to.

Molly is good with kids, strangers etc – dogs she really has no interest in. They can come up, jump on her, sniff…and she just kind of lets them at it.

I let her off the lead once in my local park to test her recall and she bolted – ran out the gate and back to the house. She knew the house after 24 hours – incredible. But on the streets by my house she will sit outside and walk beside you if you walk to the shops. It is bizarre. She seems to hate open spaces and gets quite freaked. I could be wrong but unless I have an enclosed space I won’t let her off the lead.

Molly is just perfect for those who want a dog that isn’t high maintenance, that will sit at your feet during the day and only asks to be brought for a few short walks and play with her squeaky toy.

emmat

charlotteh

Hi,

Molly is adorable, she is just what we are looking for. I am waiting for our home visit. Hopefully it will be soon….

charlotteh

Hi, Shelly is adorable she is just what we are looking for. We are waiting for our home check hopefully it will be soon :) I’d say this girl wont be around for long…

emmat

Oh my god I have totally fallen for this girl. She is a gem. She LOVES the car…happily sits in the backseat looking out the window.

She was spayed today and has been quiet and out of sorts. She got sick a few times but has come round in the last hour which is good news.

I have been watching her portion sizes and bringing her for plenty of walks so she has lost the ghetto booty she had on arrival!! She now looks very svelte and even prettier, if that’s possible.

I think it is worth noting that she is quite a strong dog and if she gets whiff of something on her walks she could easily pull you over so she needs a strong handler for those moments. I will post up some more pictures tomorrow.

charlotteh

Hi Emmat,
    Just wondering how Molly is getting on after her op?
    thanks
    Charlotteh

emmat

Molly/Shelly has recovered well from her op. She hasn’t got her appetite back fully but she is as sprightly as ever. She is out cold at the moment because she was whining for a lot of last night which is not like her at all – for the last 2 weeks she has been as quiet as a mouse at bedtime. Maybe it was just a one-off tantrum.

I am now convinced that she gets spooked in open spaces. I brought her to Malahide beach yesterday and she was pulling every which way. It was a huge struggle to walk her.

She really is a city dog. She walks like a dream when i bring her into town or around Phibsboro. She is better in my local park now that she is familiar with it. So with new places I think it’s just a matter of practice and more practice.

She is also the perfect house guest – she has happily visited two homes over the weekend and after an initial sniff around she plonks herself down and naps.

Here are some more pictures:

tracy

shelly aka molly is now in foster with me.shes very nervous around my dog but most dogs are as hes big an can look intimidating.will just sit beside me an lavish all the attention an affection she is getting.shes fine around my kids too,when shes out on her walk she prances which is very cute.shes a very polite relaxed classy old lady.

LuvMyFurKids

Delivered this lovely lady to Tracy Tony & their family ….she again was excellent in the car….very eagar to get out of it thought when we arrived ….and she might be 8yrs old but she is fast and full of engery. Then Monty thought he had waited long enough for his new sister to come into the house so he came out all on his own and gave us all…..well me and Molly a fright…..he was so interested in saying hello that Molly made herself small but that was just due to his big size. She will be used to the gentle GIANT real soon. Look forward to hearing how Monty teaches Molly all the joys of being a doggie soul again!

tracy

thats true monty did come flying out the door an was very full on meeting shelly,i wasnt worried as i know my dog an he allways just wants dogs to play with him.all ready if hes to energetic with shelly she gives him a warning an he backs off,think shes allways been the only dog in her home an is now getting used to sharing the attention.they are both asleep at my feet right now so im sure after a couple of days she will be more relaxed an monty will know her bounderies.audrey let me know how u get on with your new foster dog.

tracy

dont i look very classy for my age ;)
    molly 010.jpg

tracy

shelly is feeling much better today.eating her food fine an is now a bit more comfortable with my dog,they have an understanding an tolerate each other.i think shelly would be better off in a home with no other dogs as shes older an deserves all the attention to herself.she is so friendly to everyone she meets an has all ready started to walk better on the lead,all though shes 8 she truely doesnt behave like it as she can play with her toys an a football as good as any younger dog.shes perfect in the house an just lies on her bed or at my feet an falls asleep till she hears the lead an then she perks up an gets so excited about going for a walk.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.