Re: Vincent 6 week old Terrier x **HOMED**

Re: Vincent 6 week old Terrier x **HOMED**

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Re: Vincent 6 week old Terrier x **HOMED**

• This topic has 2,647 voices and 16 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    barbarab

This little chap came to stay yesterday and he’s an absolute treasure. He’s such a good little boy, gentle and playful, and is (so far!) really good at toilet training. He’s had a couple of assaults from the Queen of Mean, Holly, and, while a little daunted from wandering down the garden past her, is taking it all in his stride. He doesn’t seem to have any bad habits (well done Jane), doesn’t bite, nip, scratch at doors, and is a huge hit here – just a little smoochypie.

It’s hard to see what mix is in this boy, but I don’t see any lab. He has a squarer muzzle, more like a Kerry Blue, a long neck and is not at all stocky. His coat is gorgeous, lovely chestnut hair mingled through the black, soft long tufts stick up around his head and chin, he has a cute little white beard and curling tail. Difficult to capture on photo, but I’ll do my best!
    PA132155.JPG
    PA122151.JPG
    PA132160.JPG

DID Rescue
    Keymaster

Love his new photos well done they really show him off. :)
    That second photo is just fab.
    I have to say this boy is no Lab x going by these new pics.
    He is really cute and looks like he may grow into a medium size adult.
    Kerry Blue mix is a good start.

barbarab

Vincent continues to warm the cockles of the hearts of all who meet him. He’s soooo good, I’m finding him really easy to have around. Not a single toilet accident during the day. He didn’t like spending the night in the utility room, so I left him in the kitchen with Holly yesterday and hey presto … no cries and no piddle! He’s such a happy chap, he loves playing with his toys and pottering about after us and after Holly. They’ve become great buddies and he loves following her around, trying to get her to have a tug-of-war.

He seems to have great man appeal – the men in the house and any visiting male just fall for him. He has a kind of old man face which is very cute. I love his gentleness and good behaviour. Looking at the weight guide on his food pack, at 5kg he’d be expected to be medium size.
    PA132157.JPG
    PA152165.JPG

barbarab

Vincent, (well actually, Scooter, I know I shouldn’t but he’s just NOT a Vincent) went to the vet for his second shot today and our lovely vet confirmed he’s a terrier cross, about 14 weeks, will be medium size with longish hair, is in great health and is ‘bright as a button’. It was straight on with the lead and out for a walk, which he just loved. He was a bit confused with the lead at first, but quickly got the hang of it and had a wonderful time.

He’s such a good puppy, he’s gentle when playing, is very playful but will happily play by himself if no-one available, lies in his bed when we eat, doesn’t nip when playing, loves being picked up and snuggled (I him irresistible, his coat is soft and gorgeous) and …. clean kitchen every morning, terrific for such a young chap. He learned to sit in a couple of minutes so should be able to learn lots of tricks. Of course we’re spoiling him and he quickly decided that his Royal Canin tastes much better when mixed with something tasty!
    PA192171.JPG
    PA192173.JPG

Indianna

What a very interesting looking little puppy dog. Now, foster family please do not be insulted in any way but I think your little foster boy looks a little like (steady now :? ) a baby baboon. 8-) He has the same long, square face. Just imagine that little face looking through the leaves of a tree or really long grass. :lol: He is certainly a ‘one-off’ and I would bet there will be a lot of interest in him. He also has that beautiful black, shiny coat – all wrapped up into one very cute and interesting little mutt :P Lovely curly tail too :D

barbarab

Another busy day in the life of Scooter/Vincent
    PA202184.JPG
    PA202182.JPG
    PA202187.JPG

barbarab

Baboon ….. me? Grrrrrrrrrrr Indianna
    PA202180.JPG
    PA202191.JPG

Indianna

:( OK, ok – no need to stick your tongue out at me – I apologize, I am humble and ashamed:oops: , no treats for me for a week :cry: (You know in your heart that I think you are very cute ;) :D

barbarab

Scooter just loves his daily walks, he likes to stop and say hello to everyone we meet. He loves meeting other dogs, is a little timid but delighted at the same time. As we’re an adult house, I haven’t seen him with children, but I imagine he’d really suit a home with children as he’s very playful but also gentle. His favourite ‘no’ areas are any shoes he comes upon and the peg bag. He does react to ‘no’ and already knows ‘walk’, so he learns quickly.
    PA261586.JPG
    PA251584.JPG
    PA221576.JPG

barbarab

Scooter has gone to live with a terrific new family in the country. Apart from his new parents, he’ll have 2 human ‘sisters’ and 2 doggy ‘brothers’, so what more could a little guy hope for? I hope they update with news of how this mischievous treasure is getting one.

junothe2nd

so so happy for this little chap… wishing you and your forever family all the very best xxxxxx dont forget the update photos….

blanchfs

scooter /vincent is settling in perfectly! he is not ne bit nervous. :!: all he does is play then sleep for hours!! :D
    100_1425.JPG
    100_1430.JPG

barbarab

Oh terrific photos, isn’t he gorgeous? So glad to hear he’s getting on well, he really is a terrific fellow, good-natured and full of fun. Hope he’s got those big foster brothers knocked into shape! Tasty looking bed, yum yum Scooter!

kaydoyle

This little man is having a great life….he loves to swim and dig massive holes. :D
    scooter.jpg

kaydoyle

:D
    scooter1.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.