Misty – Terrier x * reserved *

Misty – Terrier x * reserved *

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Misty – Terrier x * reserved *

• This topic has 1,870 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    animalhelper

This little one I have called Misty.
    Beautiful coat and looks like she is definitely crossed with a Pom.She is the leader of the pack and insists on everyone waking up when she is awake.She has discovered cuddles and decided she likes them but like her siblings is in no way demanding she will sit and gaze up at you with a please feel sorry for me look that you won’t be able to resist. – from Cathy Byrne

Jackie

Hi animal helper

My name is Jackie and I have just fallen in love with Misty – she is beautiful. Is she still looking for a new home? I live in Wexford.

Jackie

Cathy Byrne

Misty is staying with me until she is ready to go to her new home,she is only about 6 weeks old now.She will be about the size of a little Pom when she is fully grown and has the most soft and furry coat you will ever see.She is very quick to beg to be lifted as soon as she sees anybody sitting down and is starting to do very well on the paper training.I will get some better photos up over the next day or so.

Jackie

Hi Cathy, Oh she is so lovely. I would love to give her a new home when she is ready in a few weeks. Cant wait to see new pics of her.. Yes her size would be ideal as i want to keep her as a house dog. I also have an indoor cat but she gets on great with dogs as she is so laid back, probably so laid back she won’t even notice that little listy is even here.

Will you keeping her until she is 8 or 10 weeks old?

Jackie

Jackie

Would love to meet her?

Cathy Byrne

Hi Jackie,
    Put your application to adopt form in and the admin girls will sort you out with a home visit as quickly as they can.Misty will not leave me until at least 8 weeks old when she has had her shots and chip.I have no cats and Misty has never met one to my knowledge with the result that will also be something new for her to learn.

Jackie

Ah Thats great I have submitted my forms there now and liz is helping me out. Thanks so much. Ya i’m laughing to myself with the thoughts of it – she’ll find the cat amazing!! :lol:

animalhelper

HelenaD

Love the last picture, how gorgeous!

Cathy Byrne

Our beautiful elegant Misty is also leaving us today so with 2 of them going you can just imagine what is happening in my house this morning.The baths and grooms are a little bit of a joke as whilst she loves her bath and loves even better getting wrapped in a big fluffy towel(she even rolls on her back to make sure the belly and under the arms get well rubbed)she will just go straight back out to the big hole she and Nelson have dug and they play roll around in it,I think it is a competition to see who can get the muckiest nose!Anyway she is going to a fabulous home and her new Mammy is a primary school teacher and from our conversations I think her whole class is also adopting Missy,she has included them in every step of the process which I think is brilliant that children so young are being thought the value of a rescue baby and the importance of finding the right families for them.Once again lots of tears and runny noses and we are going to miss you so much as will your very best friend Nelson but we have been promised lots of updates.
    Lots of love and a long and happy life little one!

saharaomeara

Misty has been with us just under a week and has brought so much joy to our home. She is a much loved little bundle of fur. We have renamed her Nancy as she is such a little investigator so we thought she deserved to be named after Nancy Drew. We collected her from Cathy (who is absolutely brilliant – thanks to Cathy, her family and Nelson) with great excitement on Sunday and she settled in perfectly – or so we thought, but on Tuesday she wasn’t herself and was sick so we brought her to the vet and she was kept in overnight. The vet thought it could be a serious virus but thank God she bounced right back and is home with us and back to her super playful self. We are so grateful to have her and the children in my class are following her story with great interest. They know all about the importance of looking after their pets and how people volunteer to care for animals that are not cared for by their owners. Hopefully they will always remember the lesson that ‘Our Nancy’ had helped to teach them.

Cathy Byrne

Nancy(Misty) landed on her paws when she found Bren and Sarah and a more perfect home could not have been found for her.Whilst I was only her foster mum great credit has to go not only to people who adopt our babies but the volunteers who give up much time to carry out the Home Checks that ensure perfect homes are found for all.It gives us fosterers great confidence in knowing that Home Checkers have all our babies best interest at heart at all times.
    Thank you to all!

saharaomeara

Here, here Cathy, if it wasn’t for Fidelma and Ellie we may not even have Nancy. So thanks a million Fidelma!

fayres

Hey Sarah it’s just so great that Nancy has found her perfect family- these happy endings make it all worthwhile for everyone concerned :) And as for Ellie, I just couldn’t do a home visit without her :lol:

animalhelper

Nancy Now :D :D Very like Ewok from Star Wars :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.