Max – male collie X – good with cats!

Max – male collie X – good with cats!

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Max – male collie X – good with cats!

• This topic has 1,812 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    justineemoe

Max was found straying in the city centre. He was picked up by Ann who is fostering him. This is what she says about Max;
    Max is 2 years old. He is now micro-chipped, neutered and vaccinated. He is fully house trained and good on the lead. He is very gentle, loving and quiet. I have not heard him bark inside or outside the house yet. He is very playful and would like nothing better than to chase a ball in the park. He loves children and other dogs and would ideally suit a house with both. A secure walled garden is an absolute must as his collie X breed is prone to high jumps and escapes.
    Max is incredibly obedient in the house. I would say with an experienced dog owner, he would be a good dog to let off the lead, but I am too nervous to try him out. To top it all Max is absolutely fine with cats. He is living with a very spoilt feline at the moment. All round he is a great dog.

ladles

An update on Max, I have now let him off the lead and he has great recall. Its fantastic to see him getting the excercise that he really needs. He is really relaxed and very happy. I have started to crate train him, he is sleeping in the crate while I write this. I have not closed the door yet, its a great little space for him to hang out in. I think he likes it. Yes the cat has also had a good snoop and I will not be surprised to find her in it one of these days. Thanks to emma for giving me a loan of this crate.

ladles

This photo of Max shows his size. He is on the big side of medium. He is so quiet. I have asked my neighbours to let me know if they hear him barking. Nothing heard so far. I have been minding Max for nearly 2 weeks now and I have become very fond of him. However, he is ready to go to his forever home.

ladles

Max having fun in the park.

ladles

Max on the lookout for his forever home. Max loves other dogs, he is great with them all. If they are not interested in him, he lets them off. If they are and are happy to have some good fun, he gets very playful. His recall is now excellent. He always comes back. He is a wonderful dog.

Jenny

I met Max this morning. Anne his foster mum is kind enough to come a walk dogs in Ashton and today she brought Max along – they were going for their morning constitutional in the Phoenix Park after visiting Ashton. Max really is a great character. Extremely sociable and affectionate and good on the lead. If you are thinking of adding to your family in the form of a canine companion then please think of Max. ;)

justineemoe

What a handsome dog! Lovely pics Ann.

ladles

Max has been living with me for almost a month. He is everything I would wish for in a dog. If I was not returning to work and had a big garden, I would just bite the bullet and have him as my forever dog. Max and Alice the cat continue to get on fine. The cat is the tease and I do always keep an eye out incase she starts going mental around the place. I never leave them alone together, she goes into the kitchen when I go out. I have spent a lot of time with Max, so I can see that he is a dog that thrives on attention and would not suit a house where everyone is out all day. He needs plenty of exercise, which is easy in big open spaces as he has great recall, but won’t always drop the ball. Two balls makes life easier. He ideally needs 3 hours walking running each day with a little late night walk as I don’t have the garden to let him out. He can safely go out with me to front of the house which is a cul de sac. I have no worries about him running away as long as he has company. He has met 12 week old twins and a few toddlers. He is not really that interested in the babies but absolutely loves the older children who can run and play ball with him. Whoever rehomes Max will be getting a lovely dog, who will be so loyal and loving. I wish it could be me.

ladles

Actually I think someone else will miss Max when he eventually goes to his forever home.

hootie

:D We have just had a home visit with Karen (thank you Karen).

We would love to adopt Max!! :D

Look forward to hearing from you.

hootie

Just had the most amazing news, Max is going to come and live with us!!!! :D :D

We are over the moon and cant wait to collect him, will post pics asap.

Inexile

Congratulations to you I sure you will be very happy.

Well done to ladles for taking this guy in.

martinac

that is fantastic news..am sure Anne will miss him terribly!

/Martina

Debbi-Jayne

So very pleased for you hootie! He sure seems like a lovely dog and I hope he will settle in with you. Thank you too foster mummy for taking care of him in the interim.

ladles

Max is still looking for his forever home. Circumstances have changed
    and he will not be going to live with the lovely family who were so looking forward to loving him forever. I know there are more of you out there. So please stay interested.Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.