Haiti 8 week old terrier x puppy

Haiti 8 week old terrier x puppy

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Haiti 8 week old terrier x puppy

• This topic has 1,302 voices and 11 replies.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tara

picked this tiny fluff ball up and she is a stunner!!!
    she needs lots of love and hugs and some good food.

all her pictures are on my hubbies lap,he looooooooooves her

she was a brave lil girl meeting the 3 muskateers (bailey,cassie and roscoe) and is friendly and loving with adults and kids

tara

Haitis first night with us was soooo much fun.
    we are finding out she is a proper little puppy full of adventure and fun. she has no fear and loves to climb, jump, tumble and explore.
    she took a little while to settle last night,she actually sounded like a squeaky toy when she was givin out :lol:
    but she settled quickly and slept soundly until almost 7.30.
    she is very young so she has no idea of paper training :oops: but she is a smarty pants so this wont take long.

Shauna

Hi Tara! Heidi is adorable. What kind of dog is she?

tara

hi shauna,
    i think haiti is a german shepherd girl,she is tiny so dont know if she is a mix :D
    she was just on a stopover in my house and is gone to another foster family. she is the cuddlyest lil sweetheart ive ever met. everyone missed her just after one day in her company:lol:

Anonymous

Looks like a little spaniel mix collie

tara

yeah suzi i thought so too,
    i was just goin by what the person who dropped her in said (more fool me :roll: )
    but look at those floppy ears covered in curls and her tail does curls up like my terrier mix cassie.
    whatever she is she is an amazing baby.

Shauna

Any idea how big she’ll be when fully grown?

Sorry for the late posting but didn’t have internet access at home.
    Haiti is now with us and she is doing great. She is a very smart, cute, soft, little pup!!!! We are toilet traning her outside and we are shocked at how quickly she is learning. She is very respectful of our cats and she tries to get close to them in a very sweet and gentle way!!!
    The first night she was with us, we couldn’t leave her in the kitchen as she is soo small and was so calm, so we put a big cushion on the floor in the bedroom, next to the bed and she slept there until we woke up.

Not a bark or noise for 3 days….in fact I thought she couldn’t… :) Then we wanted to hear her voice and we started to blow on her face and finally we heard her high pitch, very fierce bark!! :lol:
    She is a great little girl!!!

Ohhh!!! I forgot! She had her first bath today and she was calm as usual and didn’t mind at all.
    She also loves to take our shoes and bring them around….but she does it so gently that we don’t mind….. :roll:

As for her size, we think she’ll be medium (medium-small) when fully grown. Also she doesn’t seem to be a German Shepherd mix but very difficult to define now so early. We were looking at all the pictures of dogs in all of our books and she could be any of many breeds. When older it should be easier to tell what the breed mix is.

Poor Haiti (we don’t call her with that name but we’ll leave it as it is so not to confuse people…) is feeling sick for the last 2 days after we gave her the wormer. We hate to see her with no energy and not following us around and yesterday to make her feel a bit better we went to Maxizoo to get some more toys and some pig ears, which she absolutely loves!!! When she has one in her mouth, nothing exist anymore!!! Nothing other than her and her pig ear!!! We feel very jelous!!! :lol: In the car she was fantastic. Not a bark or a jump. Nothing. She was sitting on my lap very quietly. In the shop we weighed her and she was 3.2Kg. When we got her she was very, very skinny and she was 2Kg. So very happy about this weight gain.
    It’s almost unbelievable but she is almost fully house trained :shock: Now she calls us, she scraches on the garden door to go out and if the door is already open, she goes out on her own without us standing outside with her. I have to say…..we spent a LOT of time in the garden with her the first days she was with us. At least every hour, then 2 hours we would bring her outside and wait…and wait…and wait!! But after just a few days, she got it!!!
    She only goes inside when we don’t wake up early enough or because we don’t hear her waking up. So that’s our fault. If the garden door is closed, she cannot go. But otherwise, only and always outside.
    She is a little sweet heart and we love to have her in the house with us and the cats. She makes us smile and she doesn’t even chew on things!!!!!
    We still find it hard to believe she is so smart and quick to learn…the 3rd time we asked her to sit….. :o we couldn’t believe our eyes… :shock: she sat and stayed put. Since then she always sit when you ask her to.

Indianna

What a good puppy-dog she is. She does look like a GSD pup in some of the photos but doesn’t have a ‘totally’ GSD face, I think its her colour and markings really. Whatever she is – she is a real sweetie-pie. Thank you for the up-dates and photos.

Yes, I absolutely agree with you. She does look like a GSD because of her colors but then the face will make you think she is not! :D
    She is a real sweety and today she has to fast all day to see if she’ll feel a bit better. I hate to see her sick.

This cutie is off to her new home!!! I hope all the best for her ;)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.