Cassie – ref 282 – Collie x – approx. 1yr – HOMED

Cassie – ref 282 – Collie x – approx. 1yr – HOMED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Cassie – ref 282 – Collie x – approx. 1yr – HOMED

• This topic has 6,596 voices and 92 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

This little girl is gone into foster with Nina, who will update soon ;)
    IMG_00001119.jpg

Indianna

Another nice little Collie waiting for a nice life :(

Indianna

Very interested to hear all about you Cassie (weird using that name but not in relation to my Cassie). Will have to call you Cassie Too (as in ‘as well’, not second to :? you know what I mean). You look like a nice (smaller) medium-sized dog? I will lie in wait to hear all about you ;)

Indianna

See your :? sister :? is reserved. I would love to get hold of a brush and brush your coat out. You have probably been bathed and brushed by now by your foster family. Hope you are OK :D

DID Rescue
    Keymaster

Exactly how I felt the other day as she was leaving the pound…………give me a brush….quick. :roll:
    It drives me mad when it would only take a few mins a week but I suppose when we are dealing with dogs coming in with skin infections, eye infections, emaciated, scared a brush is the least of their worries….so sad :cry:

Indianna

You are quite right Twist, it is so sad that so many great dogs end up in such a situation at the hands of man :( Thank goodness for the likes of you and all the others who work so hard on behalf of all the dogs.

fiona

I agree, all the dogs coats seem to be in terrible condition lately :roll: some of these poor dogs have never seen a brush in their lives before and are not used to being handled much by humans either so they find the brush and the handling absolutely terrifying. :o it’s not always easy to groom dogs that are fearful so you have to be extremely careful and patient.

Indianna

Any news of Cassie the Collie? Looks like a sweet little dog, would love to hear how she is getting along.

Indianna

:) How is your new life going Cassie? Any images of what you are doing? ;)

Neena85

Hi all! Sorry for late reply. Little Cassie is a sweet little thing indeed. In need of lot of training. She is a very affectionate dog but will need to learn how to interact with dogs and humans too. She doesn’t have a clue how to play with toys yet. When we got her, the poor thing was walking as on ice on our wooden floors and was petrified of being in the house. She is house-trained now so that’s a big progress and is learning new things every day. E.g. she is getting very good on the lead as she is a very clever little girl :) She is washed and groomed now, but so lively that it’s very difficult to take pictures of her :) I will update with more details on Cassie as soon as possible. By the way, we call her Sorcha here in the house as her she responds to it better so maybe her previous name was something similar? And also we found out that ‘Sorcha’ means a princess in Hebrew so we call her that and her recall is improving every day :)

Indianna

Thank you for the up-date, love the name you have given her. It makes me very happy knowing that she has had her coat dealt with. Wonder what sort of life she had before she landed in the pound? Born on a farm and totally ignored maybe or just a stray pup that made her own way for a while? It’s horrible to think what may have happened to her but all OK now. Lovely up-date, looking forward to hearing all about her :D

Indianna

Now then, spotlight on you little dog. What you need (read that as HAVE) to do is stand or sit still and look straight at the camera, shot one. Second shot, a nice standing pose beside something we all recognise, it will help us learn what size you are. Also, it would be nice to see your coat as it should be. Finally, a nice shot from behind with you looking back at the camera. There you go foster family a long distance challenge for you :lol: :lol: :lol: Would love to hear how she is doing.

Neena85

Sorcha’s first off lead run on the beach :)
    IMAG0980.jpg

Neena85

Sorcha’s first off lead run on the beach :)
    IMAG1073.jpg

Indianna

Well done foster family, two great images :D . Goodness me, she is like a different dog :shock: . Great to see her coat looking so good and it really is looking good 8-) . What a turn-around for this grand (medium-sized) girl :D . Obviously likes other dogs, what does she think of car journeys? :? Thanks for the up-date ;) .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.