Buster – Boxer

Buster – Boxer

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs In Loving Memory Buster – Boxer

• This topic has 1,480 voices and 22 replies.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Rallen

Poor Buster has managed to pick up kennel cough even though we had a vet check the day he came home. Not sure if he he got it from the pound or maybe another dog we meet on the beach. He is off to the vet in the morning! Has anyone one got any tips on how i might be able to ease it for him through the night. I hope it sounds worse than it really is……its horrible :( :(

kaydoyle

Kennel cough usually sounds worse than it is ;) Poor little man – if you give him 2 or 3 mls of exputex cough bottle and some honey this should ease it for him :)

Roverdil

Poor Buster…my two babies have picked this up too even tho they were vacc’d against it. Was at the vets yesterday and she also recommended childrens benylin (half the dosage it says on the pack) if you can’t get the exputex. It does sound worse than it is and it’s hard to hear them coughing. If it gets bad the vet can give you anti b’s and anti inflammatories (one of my guys is on these and the other on the honey and cough bottle just). Vicks vaporub in hot water can help too only just make sure he doesn’t drink it.
    It can last up to 10 days but hopefully poor Buster will feel better soon

Rallen

Thanks very much both of you, couldn’t get the exputex but did get the benylin and have loads of honey, i really hope this makes it easier on him till the morning when he See’s the vet.

BusterBoo

I know my user name has changed but i took this dog home from the pound nearly 5 years ago. This morning he past away in his sleep, he had gotten very sick in the last two weeks. Vet’s did a great job with him. He was the best dog ever, and i had the best 5 years with him. Thank you Dog’s in Distress for bringing to me.
    Rosie

Attached was the last picture i took of him.
    10452897_10204355451038857_5435618743972521210_o.jpg

kaydoyle

So sorry for your loss :(

LuvMyFurKids

What a lovely picture and thats a face you are going to miss so much but think of all the fab times over the five years that you gave him a life he so deserved

Jenny

What a wonderful photo of Buster. You gave him the life he so deserved and I know you will miss him greatly.

Today Rainbow Ridge has a new resident

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.