Bruce – 6 month old German Shepherd *HOMED*

Bruce – 6 month old German Shepherd *HOMED*

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Bruce – 6 month old German Shepherd *HOMED*

• This topic has 4,707 voices and 39 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    JenB

I got this lovely boy today. He is only 6months old but quite big already!! He seems to have been an outside dog until now. He has a lovely temperment, but is still very puppish. He gets excited easily and still puppy bites. Hasn’t much manners yet… but he is really smart so should have no problem with training. He seems toilet trained…. so far! (Watch this space!) :lol: He’s gas because he is sooo clumsy!!! :D :D Really doesn’t know his size and just wants to play. So far a lovely boy, can’t wait to see how he is when he calms down. Will update soon, here are some pictures of the man himself 8-)
    Bruce 004.jpg
    Bruce 003.jpg
    Bruce 002.jpg

Mutley

Bruce is so handsome! Lovely boy indeed. :)

JenB

This guy continues to be great!! He’s a very sweet chap under all the puppyness :) Went in to get neutered the other day and is not impressed with the cone of shame!!!! Gets rreeealllly frustrated with it. He’s so smart tho… he knocks over his food bowl because I think he finds it easier to eat it off the floor with the cone! I think this beaut would be suited to a home with older kids and with someone with big breed experience as he does need training. My computers a bit sick at the moment so when it’s better I will post more pics :)

lora2509

he is fab…if i could i would take him in a second hope he is snapped up asap :)

lora2509

Well i have this guy 24hrs now and he is a cutie..he needs work but is a quick learner :) he has been obviously not disaplined and been let do what he wants and is just a big overgrown puppy :) but already he can sit..learnt to give the paw has learnt ‘look at me’ to get his attention, nearly got the down too :)…when i know him a bit more will update but here is a pic of him by the tree before the years out :)
    387464_10150552547660971_598995970_11507016_403829198_n.jpg

JenB

He’s looking great Laura!!! He’s just a few pics of him when he was with us :)
    Bruce photo (9).jpg
    Bruce photo (8).jpg
    Bruce photo (10).jpg

lora2509

http://youtu.be/yuAwU8CQn4k

well he is coming on great..here is a link to some training he has picked up in the last 3 days..not great videoing as i was tring to video as i was getting him to do things at the same time :)

he still has a good bit to go..but a big improvement in the house on his manners so now just the outside world to work on as he gets very excited once he sees his lead :) which at the mo he is a tad strong on when he wants…he just doesnt understand his acutal size :)
    and his play biting needs work too…but we will get there :)

JenB

Awh Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your so smart!!! Fair play Laura, he looks great!!! Can’t wait to see more updates :) He is just a big hunk of puppyness :)🙂

Mutley

Love the vid – well done with the training! Want to train my gang? :lol: Bruce is a super trooper!

JenB

Hey Laura, how is Bruce coming along?:)

kaydoyle

This big baby has stolen his foster families hearts and has decided not to change address :D His has a new sister Tilly (also adopted from D.I.D) and a big brother to keep him company.

JenB

Really brilliant news!!!!!!!! So happy for everyone involved. When we had him in foster he was so cute and was very very hard to hand over to another fosterer!! My boyfriend was asking me all the time could we adopt him and I nearly broke today!!! :lol: So happy for Laura and co with their new addition, he’ll be spoiled rotten :)

fredisbest

Brilliant news. I’m not normally into big dogs but I have to say Bruce is HANDSOME!! Have been watching his progress and am so delighted for you all. Every happiness for the future :P :P :P

lora2509

yes its true…hes staying put…kathy knew what she was doing when she asked me to foster him :) i orginally started fostering with DID and was looking for a GSD (my fav and dont believe in buying dogs when so many are PTS) and ended up keeping tilly who i had as a foster :) he is very intelligent and loves to work so hopefully this time next year he will be doing agilty and obidence :) he has already learnt a few tricks even opening the door to the kitchen :) (that one was self taught!) and i shouldnt of taught him to crawl either as he uses it to get closer and closer to the other dogs bowls at feeding times :) he needs a bit of work as he gets over excited but of course due to his size and breed ppl arent going…oh what a cute puppy :) he came and watched his sister and brother doing agilty today and hes been fast asleep since :)
    His cousin also from DID just loves him as well so he has plenty of company :)
    his real name was dextor and he responded to that but ive changed it when i heard that to hektor who was the first dog to be declared a GSD when the breed was offical stated before being renamed when he was purchased so i couldnt resist so hopefully it brings him better luck for the future :)

Mutley

Really delighted for Hektor, well done! :D Failed Fosterers are the best! :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.