Rufus…7wk old Great Dane X puppy*HOMED*

Rufus…7wk old Great Dane X puppy*HOMED*

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Rufus…7wk old Great Dane X puppy*HOMED*

• This topic has 1,804 voices and 29 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

Wee Rufus is settling well. He got his vaccination yesterday and it doesn’t seem to have taken a fizz out of him. The vet thought he was adorable.

We have had a couple of snarly episodes but the lads are quickly learning what is acceptable and what is not. Eg it is not acceptable to jump on Bensons head while he is chewing his toy. Also, it is not acceptable to encroach on Lara’s cuddles.

Rufus is very easy to toilet train. We are getting there.

He is so cute, but it is very hard to get a good photo, mainly because he rarely sits still, also because he wants to eat the camera when he sees it.

When we wake, we like lots of cuddles from both our two legged and our four legged family members.
    image (4).jpeg
    image (5).jpeg

kaydoyle

:D
    20141220_194024.jpg
    20141220_194202.jpg

kaydoyle

image (6).jpeg

clairef

image.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg

clairef

:D :D
    image.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg

ColganFamily

Hey Rufus! You are going to be a BIG boy when you have finished growing. :lol: :lol: There won’t be too much sleeping on your siblings then – unless they want to be squished!!!! :lol:
    Looking fab. :D :D

kaydoyle

LuvMyFurKids

Rufus we hope you had a happy new year with your new family ….lets see how big you are now….are you as big as the rest of the pack?

kaydoyle

:o This is Rufus just chilling. All good here. He is doing great. Started puppy training classes last Saturday. He is as quick as lightening when the cupboards open and can steal off the counter tops :lol:
    20150122_220710 (2).jpg

kaydoyle

photo.JPG

kaydoyle

You have no idea how much this wee man loves the heat. A strip of sunshine through a window renders him unconscious. The fire (there is a fire guard on I promise) renders him immovable.

Efforts to control his counter surfing are proving successful. There are no goodies within reach and saucepan lids that make a big clatter but render no treats seem to be having an impact. Problem is that kids forget to put things away and leave trails of grated cheese (yum) on surfaces, and these tend to undermine my efforts, but overall, I think we are getting there.

Puppy training today was a success. It’s hilarious that he only responds to treats. Toys are wasted on him.

He is snoring at the minute in front of the fire. I wish you could hear him. I was looking at some of his siblings on the forum. Maybe in the near future I will work out how to contact them and compare notes. They all look fantastic. I’m sure you are very proud!

We have to learn a trick for next weeks puppy class.
    photo.JPG

Siobhanbeare

Rufus is doing great. He was weighed this week and came in at 16.5kg. I’d love to know if this is about average for his siblings. Counter surfing is still an issue but a dog warden suggested bulking up his dry food with carbs eg rice or potato because he may be hungry! After two days of this it is definitely not such a big problem, but hasn’t gone away yet :shock: last day of puppy training today and they were all impressed at his trick of giving both paws crossed for a treat. I saw wee Roos page and can’t believe how she has grown. She looks as big as Rufus. It would be a gas to get them all together for a reunion!!
    image.jpg

kaydoyle

:lol:
    20150301_004701.jpg

LuvMyFurKids

Three in a bed ….very cozy

kaydoyle

photo (4).JPG

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.