Re home visits

Re home visits

New Home Forums DID Dogs Advice Re home visits

• This topic has 536 voices and 2 replies.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ptahaney

Just wondering if there is a maximum time frame that people should hear back from their home visits once the report has been filed. I know there are a few home visits recently I have done and people were waiting for a long time for the reply on whether they were successful or not, and it ended up being an email problem, where it had been sent but not delivered.

Should we tell people if they haven’t heard back by a certain given time to get back in touch with either the person who carried out the home visit or a member of the admin team?? So that no-one is lost in the system….

DID Rescue
    Keymaster

Yes tell them no problem please get in touch.
    E mail is not infallable and problems can always arise with servers down etc.
    I think within reason one week is reasonable as we are working with volunteers and sometimes there are lots of visits to be processed for a particular dog or pup and it is always dealt with as to which is the most suited home for that particular dog/pup.
    Also a lot of the time homevisits dont get offered on and this also delays the process.
    But anyone feeling they have a problem please phone any of the Admin team and we will try to sort it out asap.
    Hope this helps.

ptahaney

Thanks for replying. That’s very helpful!

We totally understand that people are volunteering. It’s just to give the people an idea.

One of the home visits got back to me after waiting 3 weeks and the email hadn’t been delivered to her regarding her pass of the HV.

Don’t want any potential doggie/puppy to miss their chance at a ‘forever home’! :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.