Hope…1yr old Collie X Saluki…ref 428

Hope…1yr old Collie X Saluki…ref 428

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Adopt a Dog or Pup Hope…1yr old Collie X Saluki…ref 428

• This topic has 4,784 voices and 49 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    martem

Hope (Izzy/Daisy as she is known at home) is doing great. She is a clever girl, she has learnt to sit and wait for her treat really quickly. She surprised me with her willingness to learn. Izzy had a little holiday recently while my husband and I went to Galway for a short visit. I was nervous at the thought of her going to another house but interested to see how she would cope. Well the little darling coped better than I could have dreamed of. This was mainly thanks to the lovely ladies she went to stay with (thank you Angela and Mags) and their two beautiful dogs, who are so relaxed and sent out all the right vibes and soon had her following their lead. I was sent a lovely photo of Izzy sitting on the sofa beside Mags. So I decided, when she came home, to start pulling her into family life a little more. She is now happy to cuddle onto my lap and fall asleep, she loves a good rub and will lift her head to your face for a little nose touch. She has made such great progress in the last little while! She is really friendly with other dogs and sees every dog we meet as a potential friend to run around with, but luckily she isn’t overly demanding and understands if the other dog doesn’t want to play.
    DSC_0321.JPG
    DSC_0354.JPG
    DSC_0358.JPG

LuvMyFurKids

This is more great news…..delighted to hear all that super progress

maggie

Wonderful news. She’s the embodiment of her name.

Your ‘little nose touch’ story is lovely and touching to hear.

(Love that last photo — Hope, the saluki -mountain goat :D )

AnnaRa

I’ve been following your posts and Hope for a long time because I know from my own experience with a fearful dog what amazing work you have done and in such a short time. You should be very proud of yourself, I know it can be so hard emotionally. Would love to hear how she’s getting on. :)

martem

Here’s a little further insight into this lovely girls personality. She has three different states of being, she absolutely loves going out for her walks. She is such a sociable dog, absolutely loves other dogs and is always good natured with them. She is a fast runner and loves nothing more than a good chase. She bounds and smiles and sniffs and is mischievous. When we are out even if something unexpected spooks her she bounces back quickly and soon the tail is up and wagging again. In the house, when we are upstairs, she is playful with Ruby and they will have a good tousle and take turns nipping playfully at each others necks. She puts her front paws up on the bed to say hello to us and enjoys a neck rub or a nose scratch. If I sit on the floor she comes and settles in the circle of my legs and starts playfully pulling on my slippers. She has fallen asleep happily in that position. Downstairs she likes to hide under her blanket – so we are slowly trying to wean her off needing to hide herself away. I know this is hard for her as I believe she associates downstairs with the bad place (mentally and physically) that she was in when she first came to us. She is such lovely girl, she has come such a long way and I have no doubt that in the right home will thrive.

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.