advice needed please

advice needed please

New Home Forums DID Dogs Advice advice needed please

• This topic has 1,748 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    jdogs2010

Hi All
    My mums aunt died last night :cry: She had a 13 year old dog. They spent every minute of the day and night together and were best friends and companions for all that time.
    I’ve taken the dog home with me this afternoon and I’m just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to make the transition as easy as possible for poor Snowy? I’m worried about her because of age obviously and because of how close a bond her and my aunt had.
    Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Thanks. :)

I am sorry to hear about your Aunt ,but I am sure she is happy knowing her little dog is being well looked after.I have found that most dogs adapt very well to a new environment, once they learn the new routine( as dogs thrive on this) & they are fed/walked/have company they will be happy.HTH :D

jdogs2010

thanks for the advice.
    i’m very pleased to say she has settled right in and it’s like she’s always been here. thankfully, she would have known us anyway and i’m sure that’s made things a little easier for her.
    we were unsure very recently as to whether we would keep her but as the days go on i think we’re all admitting to ourselves we’d never be able to give her up :)
    it took her a while to come around to the dry food as my poor aunt fed her rubbish but she’s eating the hill’s food quite happily with the other dogs now which is brilliant :D
    thought i’d post up a photo or two as in some of these she looks a few weeks old instead of her 13 years :lol:
    she was groomed the other day and she looks like a different dog. she gave us lots of affection when she came home which she doesn’t tend to do really so i think it was her way of saying thanks for the new ‘do guys :lol: :lol:
    i was also worried about bringing in foster doggies because i wasn’t sure how she’d react but she’s actually getting on a treat with all of the dogs in the house and i really didn’t think she would so we’re thrilled with that :D :D
    she gets sooooo excited when she sees her lead being taken down for a walk and she’s like a pup for that period of time out on a walk ..

Before & After shots :lol:

Jenny

She is a little beauty, well done.

Indianna

:o Thirteen years old? I am stunned, she looks like a puppy. Whatever you are doing – its working a treat!

:o She is gorgeous! She only looks like a little pup in the second photo,she doesn’t look 13 at all. :D

bronte

:o is she a papillon? She looks like she is…what a beauty…I have a pap and she’s cleverer than me… :lol: they are highly intelligent…she no doubt brings you lots of laughs and challenges as my little one does..hope she lives long and happy :D

jdogs2010

hi bronte, i think so yes. or a pap cros at least. somebody said pom cross but i think more likely pap myself. she’s a cutie. if she could only stop weeing all over the house we’d be sorted :lol:
    she’s sleeping a lot the last few days. we’re putting it down to age .. hope we’re right :(

lainey

We have the same problem with Cody (aka Fiona) who is also 13!!! It doesn’t matter how often we take her out or what treats we tempt her with, she still piddles for Ireland. We are hoping it may be down to the change in her environment at such an old age and are also aware that she is finding it hard to get her bearings due to her limited vision. Our vet says crate training may be an option if it doesn’t settle down. Will keep you posted if we find any miracle cures and would love to hear if you do likewise! Seems to be an age thing.

Enjoy – she is beautiful. ;)

jdogs2010

Well, no more piddles to greet us in the mornings .. Snowy passed away today. I came home to find her in her little bed :( We’re all so sad but at the same time, we couldn’t have asked for a better way for her to go.

Muireann

I’m so sorry for your loss. RIP Snowy :(

dogsrule

That is extraordinary how close it is to the time your mum’s aunt passed away. I’ve shed a tear hear for some reason, perhaps imaging little snowy missing her best pal in the whole world. I’m sorry for your losses.

buzzsmom

I am sorry to hear that too , you gave her a loving home and a great way to live out what life was left , your aunt would be very grateful.

angjo

I am so sorry for your loss. Its so difficult to lose a pet, heartbreaking. Take comfort in the care and love you gave. :cry:

penny1

Im so sorry for your loss..their bond was obviously very strong and now they have each other ;) Glad she got to spend her last few days with a loving family..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.