Where is reasonable to get a dog put asleep and groomed?

Where is reasonable to get a dog put asleep and groomed?

New Home Forums DID Dogs Advice Where is reasonable to get a dog put asleep and groomed?

• This topic has 880 voices and 5 replies.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    june

My elderly neighbour asked me to get her shitzu dog groomed, I brought him today to petmania, he went very aggressive at the groomer, nearly broke the skin! The girl said that the dog would need to be put asleep as he has ingrown hair in his ears, so just wondering can anyone recommend a reasonable priced vet groomers
    thanks

dogsrule

If you ask at your own vet or any good local vet they may give you advice over the phone as to if they can do the ear clearing job instead of a groomer.

If you go down the groomer route, again, perhaps a good local vet may be organised enough to provide you with a list of groomers in your area. Do a bit of ringing around.

Perhaps it would be an idea to let the groomer know when you ring them that your dog is nervous and may bite and when you get your appointment remind them to use a muzzle. Most groomers have that equipment.

Not surprising many dogs don’t like the area around their heads being touched. You can over time do training exercises yourself with the guidance of a good trainer, e.g. touch the collar, give reward.

You can judge for yourself the approach you feel is right for your dog. Don’t worry, you’re not unusual with having a dog in that situation.

ange

Hi my westie gets lots of skin probs such as ear infections and to stop this the vet says she needs to be put under anisthtic and have the hairs plucked out of her ears. So the best bet would to go down the vet route first beacause the dog may have the same probs as my girl. And the as dogs rule says u might need to mussle her when she gets groomed. Hope this helps:)

june

Thanks dogsrule and ange, i will definitly ring vets tomorrow

Rocky77

My vet actually has a groomer room on site. This would be the ideal solution, vet could sedate him and then groomer could take over and if they have any problems help is at hand.

wiv

I used to work as a groomer in a vets on the Malahide Road at the Artane Roundabout..Agressive/nervous animals were regularly sent to sleep for a groom. It was then owned by Pat Keating but it has changed hands now and is owned by Amy Lara so I’m not sure if they still do it. You could ring either Pat Keating in Raheny or Amy Lara to check if it’s not too far from you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.