Sam – 3yr old Collie – HOMED

Sam – 3yr old Collie – HOMED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Sam – 3yr old Collie – HOMED

• This topic has 1,835 voices and 13 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

This fab guy is medium in size. He is wormed, vaccinated, microchipped & neutered. He is very laid back, loves his walks and other dogs :D
    3sam.jpg

kaydoyle

This beautiful boy has stolen his foster families heart and is not changing address for Christmas :D :D :D

Mutley

That’s great! I’m not surprised…just look at that face! Congrats Sam and his new family. :D

stk78

YAY!!!!! We LOVE this news! :D

emmat

Sam, or as we call him Rodge, first came to us in March of this year as a foster. When he was returned to DID a few weeks ago there was no chance I was going to give him up again! It’s the face….it just melts your heart and he knows it…

When I first met him in March he was painfully shy and so, so skinny and it has just occured to me that this will probably be his first Christmas in a house that adores him.

This fluff monster does have food aggression and some handling issues but with a lot of hard work and implementing the helpful advice from DID and Emmaline, I’m sure we will conquer them.

Thanks to everyone at DID, Una the dog walker and Sarah and her character Mr Poopers for their help with giving this fab fella a great start to his second homecoming.

Here are some pics of my little man Rodge:-)
    IMG_1091.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1085.jpg

emmat

And two more of this handsome chap
    IMG_1090.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg

LuvMyFurKids

Rodge I am delighted for you and for your mum too……
    No need to say thats is going to be a very happy christmas in your house.

kaydoyle

Well done Emma..congratulations :D

stk78

Thank you for the present, Roger Dodger! They’re on the counter waiting to be eaten as we speak. We’re all so, so pleased you got your happy ending (although we suspected you wouldn’t be moving house again!). We look forward to a long, happy friendship with you, and can’t wait till you come over to play again!

Your Pal,
    Mr Poopers
    (and Sarah & David)

Jenny

Delighted for Sam and his new family :D

emmat

Well Rodge has been with us for about 7 months now and he keeps on improving every week.

Earlier in the year he was still a bit snarly about being touched on the hind quarters but it wasn’t malicious and so we thought it could be a severe case of matting. Our suspicions were confirmed when Pooches Palace called to ask permission to shave him!

Apparently it was so bad if the ladies at the parlour had tried to save his hairstyle he would have been put off grooming for life. He left that place a little chilly but a new dog.

For the first time he accepted all the rubs he could get, hind legs and all. When he sees me take out the brush now he throws himself on the floor, tail wagging, awaiting the pampering session.

Here are some pics of his Blade One days…
    th_IMG_1161-Copy2.jpg
    th_IMG_1163-Copy.jpg
    th_IMG_1165.jpg

emmat

And a few more….he actually gets more excited coming home from a walk than going out for one…he really is a quirky fella
    th_IMG_1177.jpg
    th_IMG_1176.jpg
    th_IMG_1172.jpg

clairef

Great pics! Delighted for Sam that you investigated the cause of his snapping and I can only imagine the relief he felt after his new hair cut! All too often when dogs display behaviour that is out of character it can be a sign that something isn’t right with them.

Sam looks so happy in his pics!

emmat

Well Rodge is proving to be quite the distraction for my studies. Despite the fact I have a hefty load of exams coming up in just over a week, he spends his time practising his "walk me eyes".

I just had to snap him in the act when I looked down from my books to see him saucer-eyed waiting for me to notice him! He won, I caved instantly and we hit the park….and I hate to say it, but Rodge was probably right I needed a bit of fresh air to keep the mind sharp. Dogs always know best!

150176_3966330720827_96473503_n.jpg
    540605_3966334920932_1357175925_3616146_49766173_n-1.jpg
    th_IMG_1182.jpg

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.