Roger – Yorkshire Terrier *HOMED*

Roger – Yorkshire Terrier *HOMED*

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Roger – Yorkshire Terrier *HOMED*

• This topic has 1,740 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

This little man has been dumped out the back as his owners are having a baby :evil: He now needs urgent foster so please if you can help contact Kathy on 086 3696413 ;)
    Roger is 4 years old.
    roger.jpg
    roger2.jpg
    roger3.jpg

kaydoyle

This little man has foster but needs a lift from Clondalkin to Blanchardstown or Dunboyne Tuesday afternoon/evening. Please if you can help contact Kathy on 086 3696413 ;)

yorkie

Hi Kathy

Give me a call if you need help with this :D

kaydoyle

This is sorted now thanks to Ciara :D Thanks to everyone for their offers ;)

ciarsdublin

How is this little guy getting on in his foster home?

DID Rescue
    Keymaster

This little man had terrible ear problems.
    The vet came out and gave him meds but no way would he let you near him he was in a lot of pain.
    I collected him Monday amand brought him to the vet, he had to be put fully under and get both ears totally cleaned as they were so badly crusted and he needed a full dental as he was fed only on tinned food.
    He has also suffered with an ingrown dew claw and really long nails which he nearly went mad when the vet cut them, but had to happen.

He now has to be left alone without any further treatment until Friday when he will see the vet again and see what happens next.
    This ear problem seems to have caused him problems walking on a lead so I got him two new harnesses to try when he is feeling better.

He is being fed five times per day and he has taken to the Royal Canin Yorkie food which is great but as long as he has chicken, mince etc to spice things up.
    I will take photos next week when he is feeling better and hopefully has put on a few pounds.
    He is good with other dogs and is housetrained.

kaydoyle

More of this fab little man :D
    roger4.jpg
    roger6.jpg

animalhelper

This little man needs urgent foster, without kids and preferably without other doggies as he needs alot of one to one attention. If you can help please call / text Kathy on 0863696413

susiedub

Roger is doing very well, he is getting on well with our two dogs. As for the cat, well he will follow her but not really much of a problem but she is an elderly cat and sleeps a lot so would not be running around very much. He is sleeping very well, likes his lie in every morning too ! He plays with the dogs in the garden and likes to chase a ball.He seems to walk a lot on his hind legs, maybe he was taught to do this ? don’t know.He walks like a show dog ! Will keep you posted on his progress. He seems happy enough anyway and has settled very well. :D

susiedub

Roger is doing very well, he has started sleeping during the day now.When he first arrived he was on totally on alert but now he will relax. He knows the word Walkies and gets very excited if he hears this word. He does bark at some dogs but I think he is only copying one of our dogs as when I walk him on his own he doesn’t do this. He is still walking upright quite a lot , kind of hops along on two legs ! He likes his comfort, prefers to sit or lie on the settee, not get into his bed in the back of the house with the other dogs. As for his food, he is a bit fussy so we cook for him every day but dry food is mixed in with whatever meat he gets.He has become very clingy and wants to be in on everything ! He needs a lot of cuddles and attention . If I go out he waits until I am back before he relax’s again but John is here. He seems to like men but is friendly with everyone he meets when we are out. He will jump up at people wagging his tail and has left many people with trousers to be washed but everyone we have met likes him.Last week we were singing along to something on you tube and he threw his head back and joined in ! it sounded really funny. :D

animalhelper

Delighted Roger is getting on better now.. thats great. :) Looking forward to meeting him soon ;)

LuvMyFurKids

Hey Susie just wondering if Roger has created any of his own uTube film yet….

susiedub

A faithful dog will play with you
    And laugh with you…. or cry
    He’ll glady starve to stay with you
    Nor ever reason why
    And when you’re feeling out of sorts
    Somewhow he’ll understand
    He’ll watch you with his shining eyes
    And try and lick your hand
    His blind implicit faith in you
    Is matched by his great love
    The kind that al of us should have
    In the master above
    When everything is said and done
    I guess this isn’t odd
    For when you spell dog backwards
    It becomes the word God.

TobysMum

That’s really lovely Susie, and so true. Thank you for sharing it.

susiedub

A DOGS LAST WILL

When human beings die
    They write their testament
    To leave their home
    And all they have
    To those they love
    I’d do such
    If I could write
    To a poor desperate lonely stray
    I’d give my happy home
    My bowl and cosy bed
    My soft pillow and my toys
    The so loved lap
    The tenderly stroking hand
    The lovely voice
    The place I had in someone’s heart
    The love that at last
    Helped me find a peaceful end
    Held firmly in a sheltering embrace
    When I die please don’t say
    I will never have a pet again
    The loss is far too much to stand
    Choose a lonely unloved dog
    And give him MY place
    This is my inheritance
    The love I leave behind
    Is all I am able to give.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.