Re: Velvet – 8mth collie x -HOMED

Re: Velvet – 8mth collie x -HOMED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Re: Velvet – 8mth collie x -HOMED

• This topic has 20,734 voices and 283 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 284 total)
  • Author
    Indianna

:o Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you – happy birthday dear Velvet – HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. Pretty as a picture :D

fredisbest

Belated Happy Birthday, Velvet. Sorry we couldn’t make it to the celebrations. You are a very lucky girl to have ended up with the Mammy and brother and sister you have. It’s thanks to them that you made it to your 2nd birthday. See you before Christmas. x

LuvMyFurKids

Well Folks Velvet had another heart scan in UCD recently She has to be neutered as coming into heat twice in the last 6months and the operation will be set up like its an open heart surgery incase its all too much for her again….the heart is only working 12% output and a normal dogs output is 26% so her little heart is working double time….its a routine operation but which a huge risk on her heart but when she is in heat there is more pressure on the heart so its a catch 22 situation

So in the weeks to come I hope to do a fundraiser to help DID with the cost of this operation who are covering the bill – as you can imagine having the full cardio team on standby isn’t coming cheap….

If you can make a donation no matter how small please do and label it Velvets Operation.

On a recent snowy stroll

Racing Ollie to the Treat

2013-02 Snowy Stroll 005.JPG
    2013-02 Snowy Stroll 017.JPG

LuvMyFurKids

Hey Everybody…..Velvet goes into UCD tomorrow morning for a day of obersvation and then they hope to operate on Tuesday….

I had a big birthday this year and got a great birthday present of professional pictures done of the fur kids…..so here are some of my miracle puppy of our little pack in all her glory.

Please keep her in your thoughts over the next couple of days and I will post up how she gets on….fingers paws and everything else we can find is crossed for a sucessful outcome.
    005w.jpg
    007w.jpg
    012w.jpg

Indianna

Velvet looks great, nice pink tongue too. Whipping up the well-wishes for her now and will keep going. Good luck and best wishes :)

lainey

Wonderful photos of your gorgeous girl :) . All paws crossed for Velvet tomorrow xxxxx

PatC

Best of luck for tomorrow Velvet!! All our fingers and paws are crossed for you!! xx

DID Rescue
    Keymaster

Wishing you all the luck in the world ;)
    Don’t get worried and stressed your Mum will be there for you.
    Sending only positive thoughts to you. :P

Indianna

Been thinking about Velvet most of today. Any news? Hope it all went well.

LuvMyFurKids

Thanks everyone for your good wishes …. Velvet has made it through the operation but has grown weaker when she came out of anestethic in the afternoon so they have kept her in for observation through out the night…..I will be called in the morning

Another night of positive thoughts and prayers….Storming Heaven!

Indianna

Storming continues, wishing all the best.

danemark

Thinking of you all and sending heaps of love. Hoping all will be well, she surely has the very best team looking after her.

LuvMyFurKids

Well I collected a very terrified Velvet from the hospital late Wednesday….even though she recognised me she was shaking poor thing…..got her home and it took about 20mins for her to allow me eventually lift her out…..

Awake all the first night with her having the odd snooze, however yesterday she started coming around a bit ….she seems very uncomfortable takes a stride or two and then dives on the floor. She’s very jumpy but we can deal with that and rebuild her confidence all over again….
    The rest of the pack were very good with her all day but again last night I had her with me and thankfully she had a good nights sleep…..so good in fact that she didn’t want to get out of bed so her well wishers paid her a visit to her ward!

photo (35).JPG
    photo (34).JPG

ColganFamily

Audrey, you are an absolute saint for all the time, care and love you have given Velvet over the last (long!!) while. She was SO lucky to land with you and, once again, you are there for her when she REALLY needs you. Delighted to hear that she has come through another round of medical intervention successfully – she has been through so much, the poor little pet and as for you, Audrey – I don’t know how you do it!!!! All the best, Velvet for a speedy recovery (emotionally and physically) and well , well done, Audrey! :D :D :D

brooksy1501

Hi Audrey,
    So sorry…haven’t been getting the post updates so just found out about Velvet’s op. With you looking after her she is bound to come out smiling. She is looking absolutely gorgeous and is such a credit to you and the family.
    We are coming to Dublin on Monday with Furby and Harley, for a week. Staying at Camac caravan park next to Corkagh Park in Clondalkin. I would love it if we could meet up with you and get to hug Velvet.
    If you have the time give us a call on +44 7923 277247. Also hoping to meet up with Kathy.
    Love to you all
    Hilary x

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 284 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.