Niall & Niamh – Scottish terriers *HOMED*

Niall & Niamh – Scottish terriers *HOMED*

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Niall & Niamh – Scottish terriers *HOMED*

• This topic has 15,755 voices and 173 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Mutley

Indeed! We are now the very proud owners of 4 pairs of black paws! :D They are settling in well and have asked if they can use the computer later today to upload news of their big move and forever family. (Note, members Foxy and Mutley are the one family…the latter will assist the twins with their typing ‘skillz’, to reduce smelling pistakes…ahem! ;))

Niamh

Congratulations guys, it’s fantastic you got your forever home, where you will know love, joy, peace and treats forever more. Bless you both and bless your mum and dad for adopting you xx

Mutley

Hi, Mac and Bonnie here (formerly Niall and Niamh – we feel our new names reflect our Scottish roots better…och aye! ;) ). Thank you so much for enquiring as to how we are getting on in our forever home!

Well, having been SO well looked after by Foster Mum Arlene and Foster Dad John, we didn’t quite know what to expect. Our Foster Mum kindly packed all our toys and our blanket, so we would have familiar scents – thanks Arls, we luv ya hun!! We then headed off with our new Mum, Dad and big brother. On the way home, we snuggled with our new Mum and soon fell asleep. We sensed we were nearing our forever destination because we woke up and excitedly looked out the windows! Next came the orientation…SO much to explore! :shock:

Mac led the way into the hall and before a moment was wasted, Quick Draw McGraw proved he was the fastest pee’er in the west! Hey, a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do!! Not to be outdone, I made up for this later on…but hey, if you’re gonna have a green pattern carpet, it does look so like grass doesn’t it?! :lol: (but our new family said this adds character, so we are keen to try it again :idea: ). Anyway, I found the new toy box all by myself, whilst Mac was more content to break the new squeaky dumbbell…it’s now "improved"! It was quickly established that I am the better footballer, whilst Mac prefers to compete in the sofa hurdle.

Today we have had great fun and our uncle came to visit, so we showed off. Our toy collection is growing quickly! The garden is great, although we have already shown where "improvements" can be made. ;) We LOVE to sleep in synchronised formation and found our new trendy denim bed without being shown…that’s us chillaxin and having a few zzzzz’s. Being the new kids on the block, we are quick to introduce ourselves and love being admired. Anyways, things to sniff and things to water, so we’ll sign off for now. Stay tuned for the next instalment! 8-) Mac and Bonnie xoxox
    IMG_2028.JPG
    IMG_2029.JPG
    IMG_2026.JPG

Mutley

Pics continued…
    IMG_2097.JPG
    IMG_2096.JPG
    IMG_2113.JPG

Mutley

Final pics of the day…
    IMG_2054.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG

kaydoyle

Thank you so much :) Also thanks to Arlene and John for taking care of this beautiful pair until their forever family came along ;)

Angela1

The photos are great – they both look so happy. Please continue to update on their progress.

Best wishes

angjo

Great news on the Scottie front. Mac and Bonnie have landed on their feet. They are so like my little Hamish in appearance. We will be looking out for you on the fun day. Congratulations on your new additions. They are amazing dogs :D :D

Mutley

Hi all! Well, we are quickly succeeding at putting our people folk into place – they can be quite stubborn you know. Still the odd sign of the “Phantom Piddler” but we reckon it’s Daddy and certainly not one of us! :? We have established that the large leather couch is ours and the humans can sit on the floor, where they belong. ;) We thought the carpets were making us dusty, so had baths on Friday and were so good! Mac reckons he smells a bit girlie now though. :oops: One of our favourite games is chewing on our big brother’s hands – we are fairly sure his thumbs are detachable but the experiments are continuing. :lol: The garden is coming along nicely but some “adjustments” still required…watch this space! Mac and Bonnie xoxox
    IMG_2199.JPG
    IMG_2165.JPG
    IMG_2168.JPG

LuvMyFurKids

Does your heart good to see these pictures!

DID Rescue
    Keymaster

Fab updates, :lol: very witty are these two Scotties.
    Look forward to hearing how they progress, at this rate it will be rapid.
    I am sure the garden is looking well after the makeover…….its great to have extra help on hand.
    Its so good to see they are finally home ;)

Mutley

We have lost interest in our grub a bit (Royal Canin Mini Adult 27), so are wondering what our parents should do? :?: We’re probably just playing hard to get but any advice from fellow food-faddies appreciated! ;) We may just have exhausted ourselves from the recent excitement! :P We received our first post this morning (see pic), all the way from our Aunty holidaying in South Africa! (yet to meet the postman ourselves but as there are two of us, we’ll give him a head start…maybe!). :lol: We’re becoming pros at working the computer and particularly enjoyed listening to sound files of cats meowing (it’s now established that we are experienced catters!). Mac and Bonnie xoxox
    IMG_2205.JPG
    IMG_2209.JPG

dogsrule

The lad and lassie are both little beauties and you’re doing a great job making them comfortable. Well I swear by boiled chicken breast for my 2 lads, if one of them is poorly they both get the meat, still hotish and torn into biggish strips. I cut out the dry food completely for 2-3 days and gradually I’d put in a bit of the dry food in with the chicken. Perhaps they are getting fed a bit much of the dry food for their needs, the amount Royal Canin says is too much for both of my dogs. I split their total over 2 meals but if they don’t eat it all I take it away and reduce down for next time..trial and error.

I know it sounds mad, but the big lad, Dabs, can be the kind who appreciates a bit of attention and he likes the extra special touch of getting the chicken in a clear pyrex bowl :roll:

Mutley

Hi, thanks for the sound feeding advice – some changes have been made and we are eating fine now…we also thought the amount of Royal Canin was too much and had scaled it back! ;)

This morning we got a bit bored and worked on some interior re-design with our new YAP bed :roll: – well , the brand does mean "Young And Playful", so why not…?! 8-) Trust us, the photo only shows half of our "work"! :shock: Hah, so much for denim being hard wearing! So, when do we form "Owners in Distress"? :lol: Mac and Bonnie xoxox
    IMG_2216.JPG

kaydoyle

Brilliant….they look like they are having a great time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 174 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.