Mac

Mac

• This topic has 966 voices and 30 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    deborah

Lovely to see how well Mac doing, I was curious to know. I have his brother Jamie, dodgy stomach, very timid and shy but so loving and loyal, he’s a gentle giant. Its amazing to see how alike they are only Jamie is black and tan and his ears stand up, he even has tat strange bump on his head like Mac :D Great pic of him jumping there, does he gallop like as if he tinks he’s a horse by any chance?? :)

Ballyvoole

How lovely to hear about Jamie! It sounds like he and Mac are very alike, right down to the dodgy stomach. Mac does love the runs, he covers huge distances and makes it look easy, he just lollops along and can accelerate in a split second. As you say very timid and shy but always ready to defend his family should the need arise. If you chat to him (as I do) he tips his head to one side and looks interested, and loves leaning against us or just resting his head on us. Fascinating to hear that both he and Jamie as so similar. Keep in touch!

Ballyvoole

Mac. Easter 2013
    Mac.JPG

deborah

O my god tats gas, Jamie does exactly the same thing. We do have great chats then he comes over leans against me tail wagging looking for a love.Its funny how they can grow up in different enviornments and yet still have the same type of personality. Brilliant!!! :o :D

Ballyvoole

Can’t believe it is that time of the year again, I have my July dog notes, dog licences, dog vac’s and annual DID update! I would love to say that Mac is getting older and wiser but……. He is still not great about meeting other dogs, but once he has got over the initial want to dominate he plays quite happily, once he has met a dog he is perfectly happy to meet again without the initial agro, just seems to be so unsure of everything he starts on the defensive. Then again the addition of Mo to our household has been a bit of a stir up for everyone and has taken a while for both dogs and humans to adjust. He has discovered a real love of swimming this summer, maybe just a response to the beautiful weather but happily swims with us at every given opportunity. He is still the one that loves running the most and ranges around on the hill runs making it all look so easy (which believe me it is NOT). He is still very much a person dog and seems manage to be invisible when he knows he should be elsewhere and is counting on us not noticing him. He is a super guard dog and nobody gets in the gate without us knowing about it! He is now four and maybe he will begin to become more relaxed, I know our lab took at least that long to become the ‘angel’ dog that everyone calls him. Attached some photos of Mac in his favourite places!
    Mac-cooling-off.jpg

Ballyvoole

Hill running
    Mac-roaming.jpg

Ballyvoole

Teaching Mo what the water is all about
    Water-dogs.jpg

Ballyvoole

OK so Mo has got the idea!
    The-Irish-Med.jpg

LuvMyFurKids

Mac as always the big strong lad….looking good!

kaydoyle

:D
    photo (1).JPG

Ballyvoole

As you can see from the above Mac has at last accepted Mo is now ‘family’. They get on very well when no one is about but Mac still feels the need to compete for attention when Mo is around. We are gradually getting him to chill out, I think if Mo had come as a puppy Mac would not have felt quite so overwhelmed by his size and they would be the best of buddies by now. Still we are getting there. Mac continues to be the baby of the family but also the best guard dog. He is maturing and getting less needy and his happiest times are when we are all around and he is involved.
    DID9.jpg

Ballyvoole

Mac is Mac, not settling into calm old age as yet but we live in hope! He is energetic, still slightly uncertain and relies very heavily on picking up signals from the person he is with. He loves his runs and lopes along with his mile eating stride making it all look easy! Still a bit of a baby but such a loveable one.
    IMG_20140602_114140102_HDR.jpg

Ballyvoole

Morning Walk
    walking2.jpg

Ballyvoole

Happy Place!
    dogswim.jpg

kaydoyle

:D

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.