Lucky – 8mt old springer x setter -HOMED

Lucky – 8mt old springer x setter -HOMED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Lucky – 8mt old springer x setter -HOMED

• This topic has 4,648 voices and 35 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

This fab guy is 8mts old and will be wormed, vaccinated, microchipped & neutered before being rehomed. He is medium in size and fully grown.
    lucky.jpg

DID Rescue
    Keymaster

My kind of boy….Wow he is so handsome :D
    I am sure he will need an active home, this boy won’t be a couch potatoe ;)

JenB

Got this guy into foster today and wow! What a beauty! He had a good run with my dog Razor, and absolutely hoovered up his food. He’s relaxing now chewing on a rawhide bone :)
    He’s a very active boy with little training, so we’re working on that.
    He’s sooooo friendly, loves playing with other dogs and loves cuddles! Will update more tomorrow after his first night :)

JenB

Some pictures of Lucky :)
    new pics 007.jpg
    new pics 003.jpg
    new pics 002.jpg

kaydoyle

Myself and Kim met Lucky today and he is a credit to Jen :D He has already learnt basic manners and I know with all Jens hard work he will learn to be a happy, well adjusted little man. He is slowly learning that his days of spending 24/7 out the back are gone and that it is normal to be walked everyday and be part of a family :) Well done Jen ;)

skymoon

Lucky is truly a lovable lad, and he played great with Jayden in the grooming salon :D . He was not too keen on the blow dryers, but definitely enjoyed his bath (heard a lot of happy grunting when washing his belly)!
    I am wet….JPG
    ‘s bathtime.JPG

JenB

Awh thanks Kathy! Your so sweet :) Lucky catches on really fast and he’s an absolute joy to have around. He had an absolute ball earlier on and I would like to thank skymoon and Kathy for that :) He smells like a baby!!! He’s still having a great time with us, loves to play, eat, snooze….. and then start all over again :)🙂 Still no accidents in the house which is absolutely fab! And working hard on the lead training. Will update more pictures soon!!!

NiamhandSean

Jen dropped Lucky over to us lastnight. He is a stunning dog.
    He settled in straight away, sniffing his way through the rooms with Buddy following behind!

After the full tour of the house and garden Lucky and Buddy got down to business and played :D

After playtime Lucky went to sleep beside Buddy and slept through the night with no accidents.

He is such an affectionate dog and you can see is just dying to please.

Photos of Lucky will follow!

NiamhandSean

So we brought this lovely little boy, Lucky, for a walk up Killiney Hill yesterday. His nose went straight down to the ground with all the different smells! Was heaven for him!
    Lucky was dying to run free but too early for that too happen especially up there!!
    He needs a lot of training on the lead, as he goes from side to side where his nose leads him!
    Lucky is a really gorgeous little boy, so affectionate and loving. He met some of Buddy`s friends up Killiney Hill, was nervous at first as a few came over at once to say hello but he is an all round friendly dog.
    He loves to jump up on you for reassurance so will be working on this! After his walk he was wrecked and slept for the night with no problems :)

NiamhandSean

A couple of pics of a tired Lucky…Gorgeous boy :)
    Lucky Asleep.jpg
    Lucky 2.jpg

NiamhandSean

I cannot stress what a dote Lucky is. He is so gentle and affectionate and will come over to me for random kisses/licks. His tail is constantly wagging so when he sits down it hits the floor, making a thumping sound! We think his name should be thumper :D
    He spends his time following me going from room to room.

Once this little man gets his walk he is very good and will relax for the night :). As you can see from the pictures he loves sleeping on the floor rather than the bed!! He is very food driven which is great with training and loves bones. This little chap will make a great addition to a family as he is so loving and just wants to please.

NiamhandSean

Just chilling… :D
    2011-02-26 12.11.45.jpg
    2011-02-26 12.11.34.jpg

ColganFamily

Had the pleasure of meeting this absolutely stunning boy yesterday with his equally stunning foster bro, Buddy! :D He is a real beauty with the softest coat. Hope he finds his forever home real soon. 8-)

NiamhandSean

We had a great weekend with Lucky. Lots of walking and playtime. We brought him to Marley Park to the dog park where he ran around playing with others dogs and loved it :) then back to Killiney Hill where he is getting to know his new territory.
    His recall in the dog park was better than up Killiney Hill. Up Killiney Hill he is so focused on all of the new smells that it is hard to break his focus. Treats don`t even work!
    Lucky just loves being out and about and after a walk or play around he is happy to sleep or follow me around the house! We are still working on his lead training which will take some work.
    Lucky is a fantastic affectionate dog who just wants to please I know I keep saying this but he just follows me around and the house and if you say anything to him he just sits and looks at you while wagging his tail, such a happy little fella. Lucky is an easy dog once he gets his exercise :D
    Lucky loves his food and devours his meals. He loves chews and bones.

NiamhandSean

Lucky is settling into his new routine nicely and we have noticed how relaxed he is and only after a week! :D After his walks he just potters around the house and snoozes on the couch. He is loving his walks up Killiney Hill but is dying to get off the lead for a sprint around especially as Buddy is bombing around. We are working on his lead walking using a new harness, thanks Kathy :) which does keep more control of him, compared to Buddy (boxer/lab) Lucky is a light as a feather. I cannot say enough for this little man, he is so loving and just wants hugs :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.