Leia now Keiya Belgian Shepherd

Leia now Keiya Belgian Shepherd

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Leia now Keiya Belgian Shepherd

• This topic has 4,985 voices and 58 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Debbi-Jayne

She looks absolutely fantastic now. Thank you! What a lovely girl.

Well Friday the 13th turned out to be Keiya’s lucky day,we brought her up to the Vets today to be spayed but after an examination by the Vet,it turned out she is having a few hormone problems :o We now have to wait 2 weeks until her hormones go back to normal to be spayed.I now know why she suddenly is starving all the time for a dog who was such a picky eater. :lol:My OH opened a tin of tuna & left it on the counter for a minute,when he came back she had jumped up & licked most of it from the tin :lol:When I go out she jumps up on the sofa,but when she hears the key in the door she runs back to her bed & pretends she has never left it !!Yet when I am here she would never even go near the sofa,so definitely getting more cheeky.It has taken her a long time to relax in the house & she now doesn’t sleep as much as she did,she wanders around & lie’s out on the floor watching everything. :geek: After researching the Belgian Shepherd breed it say’s they can be excessively shy-which she is & they bond very strongly with one person-which she has with me.She loves my 4 yr old as 4 yr old=sharing breakfast/dinner & anything else he is having,walkies,throw the ball,throw the ball,throw the ball.She still hasn’t played with Bailey but every morning they nudge each other & get playful,but then they stop & thats it. :? But poor Bailey isn’t bothered as in the last few months he has really slowed down & his back legs are very weak,so a dog thats not annoying him all the time suits him.

It was the sad "dead" eyes that got me & the nose that kept nudging my hand to pet her (which she still does) :D

Debbi-Jayne

This girl is just stunning – lucky you to have such a gorgeous girl. So different from when we first saw her on her pound photo. Well done

Poor Keiya eventually got spayed yesterday.They found cysts on her ovaries which explained why she went back into heat, 3 mths after her last season.She has been a very good patient & just wanted to sleep when she got home.It was a nightmare trying to put the buster collar on but once it was on she was grand.I will have bruises on my legs from the thing as she keeps knocking into me & anything else in her way. :lol: i was woken up by her at 6 this morning as she was bashing into the bannisters ,I let her out to the toilet & when she came back in she was starving & had a bowl of food.She is back to herself now & there isn’t a bother on her. :D

Debbi-Jayne

Just look at that sad little face. Bless her. She will soon be back to normal and you probably won’t need to keep the collar on for long.

My little Bear & Bailey out in the snow. :D

kimnjess

She has come on brilliantly and looks great. Her story is very similar to Shiloh’s, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4482 a dog we took a couple of years ago, and I can see the same anxious look on her face in some photos. What beach is it in the pics?

That beach she is on is Portrane.I remember Shiloh :D If I remember correctly she was a bit of an escape artist :lol: Your 3 are gorgeous :mrgreen:

geordie

ah emma she is lovely :D fantastic pictures of both dogs

A few pics of Keiya doing what she loves best…Swimming ! :D
    IMG_3241.JPG
    IMG_3242.JPG
    IMG_3244.JPG

A few more..
    IMG_3254.JPG
    002.JPG
    004.JPG

And just a few more :lol:
    022.JPG
    021.JPG
    027.JPG

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.