Jay – 1yr old lab x terrier – HOMED

Jay – 1yr old lab x terrier – HOMED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Jay – 1yr old lab x terrier – HOMED

• This topic has 3,128 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

Jay as a baby – This little man arrived today! Getting on great – playing with the other pups and chasing the cats :lol:

kaydoyle

kaydoyle

More of Jay as a baby :D

kaydoyle

kaydoyle

This little man is now 15mts old and is available for adoption as his families circumstances have changed. He is wormed, vaccinated, microchipped & neutered. He is great with children and other dogs :) We will update with photos asap ;)

kaydoyle

This beauty is gone into foster with Carolyn, thanks a million ;) Looking forward to new pictures :)

carlylong

Hi There,
    Well Jay arrived yesterday afternoon, hopped out of the car wagging his tail like crazy and came straight over to me for a good scratch. He is a very friendly boy with lots of personality. He was introduced to a lot of new faces yesterday- our GSD Bonnie, 5 ducks, 2 chickens & 4 horses and took it all in his stride :D Slept in the hall with Bonnie all night and not a peep out of him.

He is always on the go so it was difficult to take any decent photos! I will try and take some more in the next couple of days.
    Jake1.jpg
    DSC00587.jpg
    DSC00581.jpg

Keith

Hi we just had our home check. fingers crossed. any more info on this little lad? how is he on the lead? is he house trained? gets on ok with smaller animals?

kaydoyle

Jay is a great little man, excellent on the lead, fully housetrained and has even taken to the chickens in his foster home ;)
    2jay.jpg
    1jay.jpg

Keith

wow what a great guy! I love that he is great with small animals (we live beside a doggie friendly cafe/pet shop/garden centre). if we pass our home test we would love to gove him a visit and see if its love at first sight for all of us!

Keith

also how is he in the car?

carlylong

Brought Jay for a spin in the car last night, absolutely no issues at all, was in the back with Bonnie (our GSD) and happy out the whole time.
    Jake will wait patiently for his dinner to be put in front of him, he doesn’t get too excited or jump around the place, he has no issues with food at all and happily let Bonnie have a nibble at his dinner until I dragged her away!

The only less than positive comment I have is that he prefers to sit on our white couch than an older brown one that we have! :lol:
    DinnerTime.jpg
    Hansome boy 1.jpg
    J&B.jpg

carlylong

few more pix
    Sleepy.jpg
    Sleepy 1.jpg
    Hansome boy.jpg

Keith

I really like the sound of jay. Is he almost alsation size? It’s hard to see if he is big or small! Is he ok with dogs he doesn’t know? How is he with visitors and strangers. Just how good is he on lead? Could my 6 yr old niece walk him with me and hold the lead or does he need work? Sorry for all the questions but thanks for answering and for the picture updates :)

carlylong

Hi Keith,

He is a good bit smaller than Bonnie, I will try take a better pic of him beside Bonnie this evening just so you can get a better idea of his size.

When he met Bonnie for the first time he didn’t growl, bark, bare teeth or show any signs of aggression. We have had a few visitors to the house over the past few days and he has been perfect. The only time I have heard him bark so far is when we went for a walk by the river last night, there was a fisherman there in full camouflage gear and Jay barked at him a couple of times (To be honest the fisherman looked a bit scary, even to me!)

Re: Walking on the lead, He does pull a bit so I wouldn’t say your niece would be able to manage him. I have been walking him on the lead every evening to improve this and he is getting better. He comes to you when you call him and he sits when you ask him to.

Any other questions just let me know :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.