Jake – 9 week old – Pointer x Border Collie *HOMED*

Jake – 9 week old – Pointer x Border Collie *HOMED*

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Jake – 9 week old – Pointer x Border Collie *HOMED*

• This topic has 3,210 voices and 9 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Joan Kirwan

This baby is 9 week old. He will be wormed, vaccinated and microchipped before being rehomed. Will need to be neutered at 6 mths old. He will be medium to large when fully grown. As he is a Pointer x border collie he will be a high energy dog so will need lots of long walks.
    Buddy 003.jpg
    Buddy 006.jpg
    Buddy 007.jpg

Joan Kirwan

Any one interested in adoption this bundle of joy please complete and adoption for and send to the admin team
    Buddy 004.jpg

siobhan

Jake has been with us for nearly 3 weeks now and has settled in really well. Had a bit of a rocky start though. He seemed to suffer from seperation anxiety and cried and howled for a couple of hours when I put him to bed the first night. He would also cry if we left the room even though my own dog was with him. Jake came from a large litter and I think it was hard for him to adjust to just being with one dog. Anyway after many sleepless nights and a lot of patience, love and affection Jake is a completely changed puppy. He goes to bed now with just a whimper for a few seconds and not a peep till morning. He is making good progress with the toilet training and will actually cry to be let out. He still has the odd accident but half the time it is my fault for not noticing the signs. He adores my two boys and has them licked to bits. Gets on great with my dog Luna and is amazing with Daisy our cat. The boys have taught him to sit before he gets a treat and teaching him lie down is a work in progress. He loves is food and will sit and wait until I hand his bowl down to him. I make a point of feeding my dog and cat first to teach him that he has to wait for his bowl and not to eat their food. He learned this really quickly. He has no food agression at all and we can put our hands into his bowl or take it away from him while he is eating and no problems. His favourite place is stretched out in front of the fire. There is usually a rush in to the sitting room to get the best spot at the fire. The cat usually has this spot but ends up moving when the other two mooch their way in. It is quite comical to watch. His favourite plaything is not a toy but shoes and in particular my slippers. He is a really happy chappy with a soft and gentle personality. However I think he would be best suited to a home with with someone who is at home most of the day. Given his breed he will be a very active dog and will need plenty of excercise. He was vaccinated and microchipped earlier this week and there was not a peep out of him. He was being cuddled by my son at the time and was enjoying snuggling so much that he didn’t even flinch. He is a wonderful little man and will be a great addition to any family.
    DSCF1484.JPG
    DSCF1491.JPG
    DSCF1499.JPG

siobhan

This little guy is coming on really well. His anxiety issues seem to be resolved. He no longer minds being left on his own in a room and he goes to bed at night without a peep and sleeps through till morning. The toilet training is going well too. He knows that he has to go each time I take him out to the garden and will sometimes let me know that he needs to go out. He loves his food and his treats. Is really gentle taking food from the hand. Loves to play, especially with the boys. His favourite place is lying on his mat in front of the fire in the evenings. It is near impossible to shift him at bedtime. He just ignores me when I call him and lies there with his eyes closed. He is just too comfy. Will post more pictures later today. If you would like to adopt Jake please submit an adoption application, have a home visit done and come and meet him.

siobhan

Just a few pictures of this little man in his favourite place.
    DSCF1559.JPG
    DSCF1541.JPG
    DSCF1536.JPG

Joan Kirwan

Hi how is Jake getting on . have you anyupdate on him or pic. Joan

LuvMyFurKids

Update from Jake (now Murray)’s forever family with a promise of photos to follow:

…you’d want to have seen him last night…spent the whole night asleep between his Mammy and Daddy with his head on the pillow…thought he’d get to hot and go back to his own bed..but no! Eight hours of wonderful sleep for Crazy Jake and no quilt for us!

Joan Kirwan

AHHHHH he found his forever home at last … i’d say it was worth waiting for … welcome home murray (Jake ) . x x

CrazyJake

Hi Folks! Just to let you know there has been no name change..I’m still Jake or Crazy Jake to those who live with me!
    I’m having great fun in my new home and have settled in well with Mr B (my terrier boss). I also have a new Jack Russell friend called Buddy. We spend hours playing in our gardens and adventuring out around the fields. Mr B and I also have fun at the beach and I love jumping into the sea, especially just before I get back into the car. I’ve grown really big and have learned to open all the doors so there’s no holding me back now.

armchair jake (Small).jpg
    garden jake (Small).JPG
    garden jake (1) (Small).JPG

Doggiemad

Jake is getting on great. He has settled in really well and has his friends and a big selection of toys…doesn’t stop him running away with everything I possess though! Cushions are a particular favourite! He has to be the cuddliest dog I have ever met. He really does love his cuddles, getting interesting now though… if he keeps growing he’ll be bigger than me! Loves to play and loves his food.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.