Dougie – 5yr old Lab x – HOMED

Dougie – 5yr old Lab x – HOMED

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Dougie – 5yr old Lab x – HOMED

• This topic has 5,182 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    kaydoyle

Dougie is a 5 year old Lab X.
    He is wormed, fully vaccinated, microchiped and neutered.

This fab guy needs a rural home with a canine companion.
    He walks well on the lead and is fully house trained. He is a laidback boy who enjoys the rural life. He can happily live with all types of animals. He is not in foster with kids.

If you would like to apply to adopt Dougie please go to the "adopt a dog" section in the tabs at the top of this page or click here https://dogsindistress.org/adopta-dog/
    There you will find all the information on the adoption procedure and the adoption application to be downloaded.
    Dougie.jpg
    douggie.jpg

carlylong

Hi Everyone, Sorry for the delay in updating Dougies page. I had a little baby boy, Róan, 5 weeks ago so have had my hands full :-)

I have to say, Dougie is just a joy to have around. He just loves companionship & follows me EVERYWHERE… literally from the shed, to the washing line to the veg patch, he is constantly right by my side whether I want him there or not! :mrgreen:

He would ideally love to go to a home with an older couple where there is someone around all day, he would also love to have a little playmate as he gets on great with the 3 dogs we have at the moment so would be ideal as a second dog.

He loves food and treats, he also loves scratches and cuddles. He can sit and give the paw and his recall is 100%. He is great on the lead and loves a good walk every day. Will upload some pix later today.

Indianna

:shock: I should think you DO have your hands full with a new baby. Many congratulations for that particular event :D I think Dougie is just keeping an eye on you to make sure you are not doing too much. He is a gorgeous looking dog and is clearly a true gentleman in every sense of the word. Keep up the great work you do with all your foster dogs.

carlylong

Thats a perfect way to describe him Indianna! He really is the perfect gentleman. An absolute pet who just wants to be loved ;) Some pix of my doug-love :D
    DougA.jpg
    DougB.jpg
    DougC.jpg

kaydoyle

Douggie continues to thrive and is the most easy going dog :D
    doug.jpg
    doug2.jpg
    doug3.jpg
    doug4.jpg
    doug5.jpg

lora2509

ah he looks so sweet…cant believe hes still waiting to be snapped up though !

carlylong

Cant believe Dougie is almost last on the list!! Time for some updates! Sorry for the lack of updates, I am just back to work from maternity leave, its much easier to update on my work computer as our laptop is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to slow!

What can I say about my dougielove, We have had him a while now so we know EXACTLY what type of home would suit him best.

I think perhaps an older person who does not work
    One other dog for company
    No pesky cats :D
    A country type home

I think the above would be the main requirements for Dougie.
    If you want the unconditional love of an amazing, laid back, beautiful, loyal pooch Dougie is the main for you :D

carlylong

Dougie & his some of his friends :D
    Doug.jpg

carlylong

Cant believe Dougie has snuck on to page 2 again!!

All I can say really is if we didn’t have 3 dogs already Dougie would be a keeper… He is a perfect dog and only has a few requirements…

I think perhaps an older person who does not work
    One other dog for company
    No pesky cats
    A country type home

What do we do… Keep him and give up fostering (We couldn’t manage 4 of our own dogs & foster!!) or keeping looking for a forever home for him??????

lora2509

im totally shocked he hasnt been snapped up…
    looks like a total sweet heart

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any news on this gorgeous boy???

kaydoyle

I met Dougie and he let me in on a little secret….he has decided that his foster family couldnt live without him and he is going to adopt them :D

Indianna

Well done Dougie, you always looked like you belonged there. You charmer, you 8-)

carlylong

I think this photo sums it up for Dougie…. The Happiest of Happy Endings x
    Doug.jpg

Indianna

Would love to be walking along that riverbank with you Dougie. You have a lovely life, exactly as you deserve, handsome dog, great to hear from you :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.