Des – Collie x *HOMED*

Des – Collie x *HOMED*

New Home Forums DID Dogs Our Dogs Happy Endings Des – Collie x *HOMED*

• This topic has 3,486 voices and 54 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    animalhelper

Name: Des

Reference Number: 221

Sex: Male

Located: Ashton Pound

Found: Walkinstown

Date Out: 3rd March 2010

ladles

Des is very very shy. He needs a little coaxing out of his Kennel. He is a beautiful looking dog. I did not get to walk him, but it looks as if he is good on lead and comes out of himself once he is out and about.

YvonneM

Spotted Des out with a man today doing the rounds. He is a far happier dog when out and about, unbelievalbly nervous and hand shy. No way was he going back into the pound. In the end he was lifted back in. He is stunning tri-colour collie. Needs a very understanding home that will build up his confidence. Beautiful dog.

Jenny

Des is finding Pound life stressful – poor chap. He is a little happier when he is out his kennel but hates going back in – who could blame him. Des is good on the lead but very nervous and needs lots of reassurance. Typical collie – lies down and observes whats going on around him. Really handsome chap who needs an understanding owner.

Trinity

Couldn`t agree more with you Jenny and Yvonne. Had Des out for walk today and noticed one more thing – he gets very frightened and timid when there is cars passsing by. There were few going today to stables. Poor little fella needs owner who will have loads time and patience on hands as he needs lots of loving.

tigger

Des is a lovely dog who gets on really well with the other dogs and wanted to play with a gsd we met out in the field. He was in his bed when I went into the kennel to take him out and seem anxious of me coming close in a confined space, he was the same when I brought him back in. It strikes me as if his owner didn’t show much kindness. Once he is out he loves a good sniff around and was very friendly.

lucille

Hi! I’d love to offer Des a foster home, I had a home check done today by Ann (lovely lady) I’ll take him until we find hima forever home, please pm me

Jenny

Des is in real danger – the Pound is full and he is one of the longest there. If you can offer Des a foster home please ‘phone Cathy 086 3696413.

jojo20

I just popped up to pound with bedding and treats today. From the window i can see this poor fella very troubled by pound life. Even from the window i could see how striking and beautiful he is. Look how long he is in the poor man :cry: I really will be wishing on a star for him tonight. Fingers crossed for ya Des… :(

Jenny

Des is going into foster tomorrow with Lucille :D Thanks Lucille he is a handsome dote.

cozmiczombie

Des is just gorgeous. I see he has an offer of a foster home already but if he’s in danger of being pts I work for a rescue in the uk and would be more than happy to come and get him if needed…..same goes for any dogs in danger of being pts.

lucille

I’m picking Des up tomorrow, looking forward to giving him the reassurance, kindness & love he needs & deserves. Couldn’t pick him up today-sorry Des, but by this time tomorrow you’ll be out of there :-) I’ll keep you guys updated on his progress

mishka

You are an angel Lucille! He is a lucky boy and I know he will get all the tlc he needs in your home. Thanks again for giving this fella a chance.

lucille

So we have collected Des, it didn’t start off all that great, poor little fellow was so scared of getting into our jeep, but with some gentle coaxing and eventually Marks strong arms, we lifted him into the jeep! The journey home was ok, he was a little nervous & was paving the car, but he settled down. Once we showed him the garden which he is running around at the moment! He has already learnt that if he comes over to me he’ll get a cuddle, he seems to like these already. He is a very nervous soul, wants to trust humans but I don’t think he has seen much kindness,but he will soon see that not all humans are bad! I love his smile, and as for those Amber eyes! I’ll keep you updated with his progress, he’ll have loads of attention this week as I’ve taken the week of work, so plenty of TLC for Des!!

kaydoyle

Des relaxing in his foster home :D :D :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.