Becky..2 year old Terrier X HOMED

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
carg

Becky..2 year old Terrier X HOMED

Postby carg » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Becky is in foster with Elaine who will update soon.. :)
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (31.93 KiB) Viewed 4291 times
Indianna

Re: Becky..2 year old Terrier X

Postby Indianna » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:05 pm

Becky, I have wiped the happy tears from my eyes having just read that the little Dixie I have been following now has her very own family, so you are up kid :P What goes :?:
Hebe

Postby Hebe » Sun May 01, 2016 6:44 pm

Hear hear!. I'd love to know more about this dog.
dogsrule

Postby dogsrule » Fri May 06, 2016 5:46 pm

Becky-Joy has been with us for 5 weeks today. We already have a D.i.D. dog called Brandon who celebrated his gotcha day 6th anniversary on the 1st of May.

Firstly, apologies for the delay in updating. I have had a bit of a mad and hectic time finishing off college assignments and getting over the loss of my 14 year old best friend, a collie cross just 7 weeks ago today. Brandon managed to tear a knee ligament last weekend so really timing hasn't suited this lil lady's deserved promotion (she constantly gets complements about her pretty eyes).

Joy is a perfect lady in every way. Just 2 and a bit years old, she has perfect recall, is house trained and is a real people person. Joy, as we named her, is a source of happiness to all she meets. Other dogs find her invariably to be delightful and charming. She has been vaccinated, microchipped and is fully recovered from her neutering. She is a bouncy lass, but at just under 10Kg, she works it well. :lol:, however, care would need to be taken with tiny tots so she wouldn't knock them.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (27.23 KiB) Viewed 3623 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (32.35 KiB) Viewed 3623 times
I call animals "guardians of Being," especially animals that live with humans. Because, for many humans, it's through their contact with animals they get in touch with that level of being. Eckhart Tolle
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Fri May 06, 2016 6:43 pm

Thank so much for the up date. You have certainly had a bit of a tough time by the sound of it. Your little foster dog looks great under your care. She looks like a real terrier mix but I am more than happy to be corrected on that one. I hope you are all enjoying the lovely evening we currently have (that means it is not raining!) :P
dogsrule

Postby dogsrule » Fri May 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Well the weather is just lovely here in Dublin, I hope it's good in Scotland Indianna?!

You won't believe me when I tell you a secret, Becky's sister (from her original home) is in the Happy Endings section and is a Bichon x. I have it in my head that Becky-Joy is a Cairn x. They do look alike apart from the colour... You will have to see her profile to figure out the resemblance.

This lady has made us very happy indeed. We want her to have the best possible opportunity for a happy ending. I see her playing with a doggie companion and getting plenty of snuggles and grooming... She loves getting brushed!
I call animals "guardians of Being," especially animals that live with humans. Because, for many humans, it's through their contact with animals they get in touch with that level of being. Eckhart Tolle
dogsrule

Postby dogsrule » Fri May 06, 2016 7:06 pm

Her sister, Ruby.. [url]/http://dogsindistress.org/our-dogs/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15059[/url].. Do you think they look alike?
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Sat May 07, 2016 4:28 pm

:shock: Her sister looks like a Poodle mix, since her make-over :? Pre make-over, well, just a messy, hairy creature but what a difference now. Would never have made any connection between them.
MrsPeanutbutter

Postby MrsPeanutbutter » Sun May 08, 2016 10:56 pm

What a super foster home young Joy has landed in, and I'm sure she's trying to comfort you over the loss of your friend, how hard that must be.

All in the Peanutbutter's household are crossing paws and fingers (and that's quite a few!!) for a lovely home just getting ready for this little joy of a doggie, and for her good Mummy's college assignments!
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Re: Becky..2 year old Terrier X HOMED

Postby kaydoyle » Wed May 25, 2016 4:13 pm

This little lady has adopted her foster family....her DID brother Brandon decided that he loves her too much to let her go :D
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
Next

Return to Happy Endings