Brandon - Bearded Terrier x *HOMED*

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
dogsrule

Re: Brandon - Bearded Terrier x *HOMED*

Postby dogsrule » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks buzzsmom! Brandon is barking at me now as he hasn't had much of a walk today because I'm afraid of slipping. He and Dabs has a short walk each, 2 is too many when you could do with having both arms free.
How's Pippa doing in the snow? Here's a beardy pic just for you ;)
I call animals "guardians of Being," especially animals that live with humans. Because, for many humans, it's through their contact with animals they get in touch with that level of being. Eckhart Tolle
dogsrule

Postby dogsrule » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:55 pm

We adopted Brandon on the 1st of May 2010. We'd been fostering him since the 2nd of February and had him with us for 3 months. When it came down to the wire we couldn't let the funny little guy go.

Happy 1st birthday Brandonburger!
I call animals "guardians of Being," especially animals that live with humans. Because, for many humans, it's through their contact with animals they get in touch with that level of being. Eckhart Tolle
lainey

Postby lainey » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Happy Birthday Brandon :D :D :D
justineemoe
Site Admin

Postby justineemoe » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:30 pm

Wow! So happy to see this post, I remember walking Brandon around the pound on that cold winters day with my sister. We were both so taken with Brandon - I can't wait to send her a link to his thread so she can read about his happy ending one year one. Congratulations to Brandon, Elaine and family.
dogsrule

Postby dogsrule » Sun May 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Thanks lainey and justineemoe. Justineemoe, I admire anyone who walks the dogs at Ashtown, particularly in the height of winter. I was looking back over the posts here and saw you mentioned walking him on the 23rd of January 2010. You gave him a compelling paragraph for his CV.
A big thank you to you and your sister from myself and Brandon.
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Tue May 03, 2011 7:38 am

Happy Birthday :D
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
dogsrule

Postby dogsrule » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Very happy for little Brandon, he's won the DSPCA anniversary competition - a night's b&b with dinner, walks, plays and cuddles with the DSPCA Boarding Kennels. It was just a draw but it generated disproportionate excitement in our house. :oops: http://www.dspca.ie/GuestPhotos
Initially I was worried about placing Brandon in any kennel because we never have done so with our other dog and he had experienced being in a pound so didn't want him to feel abandoned by us. Brandon can have some difficulty being friendly to other dogs. The staff use the detailed information sheets you complete about the pet to learn about their likes/dislikes. I need not have feared, he's been back since for no particular reason just for him to have a break from the other dog in our home (who's lovely but Brandon has to micro-manage him at times he feels).
dogsrule

Postby dogsrule » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Brandon had a spruce up for spring. We have him 2 years now and he's a super happy chap.
Attachments
brandon haircut 2012.jpg
brandon haircut 2012.jpg (39.54 KiB) Viewed 1751 times
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:16 am

Wow..he looks great...thanks ;)
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
Angela1

Postby Angela1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm so happy to see Brandon - he looks fantastic. I've followed his story from the beginning and I am so happy that Brandon and his family are having a VERY HAPPY ever after!! Best wishes folks!
PreviousNext

Return to Happy Endings