Lizzy - Collie x

Dogs and pups previously listed in Urgent Matters, now moved to safety by another rescue organisation or individual.
animalhelper
Site Admin

Lizzy - Collie x

Postby animalhelper » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:55 am

Name: Lizzy

Reference Number: 453

Sex: Female

Located: Ashton Pound

Found: Terenure

Date Out: 3rd May 2010

Just when i was getting used to yesterday....along came today!!!!
Make cookies....... Not war.
animalhelper
Site Admin

Re: Lizzy - Collie x

Postby animalhelper » Sun May 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Poor little Lizzy is very thin.... but oh what a sweetheart. She is middle aged I would say but a bouncy little woman and just a dote. Only small - medium in size. ;)
ladles

Postby ladles » Sat May 08, 2010 11:13 pm

Very gentle little lady is Missy. She was waiting for her walk with her little head stretched up looking out over the kennel door. She needed a collar and was so patient and still while I put one on. She was good on the lead and great with the other dogs. She really didn't want to go back into her kennel. I look forward to seeing her again tomorrow.
animalhelper
Site Admin

Postby animalhelper » Sun May 09, 2010 4:03 pm

This girl is great..... so pretty.

ladles

Postby ladles » Sun May 16, 2010 12:59 am

I was watching Lizzy out walking today and she is the kind of dog that would break your heart. Whatever happened to poor Lizzy, how did she end up so thin. She is an angel, lovely and gentle on the lead and gentle with other dogs and children.
ladles

Postby ladles » Mon May 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Did not get a chance to walk Lizzy over the weekend, she was out with a man for quite a while so she did get out and about. She is the longest in there now. Fingers crossed for this girlie, she is a very gentle soul.
SandS

Robin (formerly known as Lizzy)

Postby SandS » Sun May 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Robin, the most gorgeous Collie, has been our little girl for almost four hours now. She has settled in quite well so far and had a couple of short walks, some new toys, food, lots of water, and plenty of hugs. We called her Robin - we had planned on Dusty - because every time we tested out names on her, anything starting with 'R' sent her tail into a frenzy!!

I cannot thank the lovely ladies from DiD enough for introducing us to Robin/Lizzy, and for the lift home! Your commitment and devotion to all those dogs in Ashton is truly inspiration and the support you offered us today will never be forgotten.

Robin is asleep at my feet as I type - we're taking her for a walk when the weather is cooler later. We also think she is in heat so we'll be keeping a close eye on her!!

Here's how she looked earlier :)
We'll get Robin-updates as often as we can - thank you, thank you, thank you, DiD
Attachments
Robin.jpg
Robin lays claim to her place on the sofa, with her new toy tucked under her Paw!!
Robin.jpg (5.02 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
Robin's folks
Jenny
Site Admin

Postby Jenny » Sun May 23, 2010 6:37 pm

I think this is a perfect match - Robin has waited a long time for a loving home - enjoy many many happy years together.
ladles

Postby ladles » Sun May 23, 2010 8:05 pm

I am loving seeing Robin stretched out on your sofa. She has landed on her paws and it is fantastic to know she will not be spending another night in Ashton. Thank you so much for falling in love with her and giving her a forever home.
LuvMyFurKids

Postby LuvMyFurKids » Sun May 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Delighted this lovely lady has chosen her forever family - and it looks like she is making herself very much at home.....I love a tail wagging story and this one has many happy posts to come I'm sure
Audrey
Luv My Fur Kids
Next

Return to Out and Safe