Sid - 8yr old Westie - HOMED

Adopted Dogs in Distress dogs who have gone to rainbow bridge, never forgotton.
Twist
Site Admin

Re: Sid - 8yr old Westie - RESERVED

Postby Twist » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:55 pm

I am so happy for this little man who I never met but once I heard about his plight I knew he was a Dogs In Distress.
He so deserves everything nice to happen to him now.
He has been dying to be part of a family and belong and it's great to see now he can.
Considering he has been ignored for all of his life he is such a great dog a real testament to their intelligence and adaptability.
It will be so good as Winter approaches to know this little man will not be on the wrong side of the door wishing he was on the other side.
CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy having him.
Those who have the privilege to know have the duty to act - Einstein.
memaeve

Re: Sid - 8yr old Westie - HOMED

Postby memaeve » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:26 pm

A little update on Sid:
I already feel like he's lived here forever! Last weekend we had a little welcome to the family party for him and I baked him a doggy cake, which he loved (he really really loves his food!).
He reluctantly shared it with some other doggy friends during the week.
He has a new bed, so now he has two to choose from. Sometimes he wakes up, stretches, moves to the other bed and goes back to sleep again. A creature of leisure!
Sid is getting more playful every day as I think he is getting more and more comfortable with us. Last night we had a party and he was so sociable saying hello to everyone, and then curled up on his bed and slept. I was so impressed as I thought he may be a little overwhelmed with all the people. He is a popular little guy!
Here are some photos.
Maeve
Attachments
Sep. '13 115.JPG
Sep. '13 115.JPG (62.67 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
Sep. '13 101.JPG
Sep. '13 101.JPG (85.28 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
Sep. '13 061.JPG
Sep. '13 061.JPG (84.69 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:11 am

Brilliant....thank you, it is great to see him so happy & settled :D
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
memaeve

Postby memaeve » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:29 pm

I'm very sorry to say that we had to say goodbye to our darling Sid a few weeks ago.
I didn't post sooner as it was too upsetting, but in saying that, reading over all of these old posts about him have just set me off again.
We found out in the summer that he a tumour under his tongue and while we had hoped that with the right medication he would be ok for another few months at least, unfortunately this wasn't the case.
We're so heartbroken to have had to say goodbye so soon, but I feel very lucky to have had him for the last years of his life. He was a wonderful character.
Thank you to everyone here who helped him along his way and then brought him to us.
Maeve
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:54 pm

So sorry for your loss.... :( ...but you gave him a great life for the years you had him..
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:54 pm

I think it is so important for dogs to 'belong', he belonged to you and you to him. It's a horrible time for you right now but I hope you can frequently visit the good, happy, funny and naughty memories and enjoy them again and again. Being a terrier, I bet he was quite naughty in a good way and was probably chuckling to himself when up to mischief :)
LuvMyFurKids

Postby LuvMyFurKids » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:38 pm

so sorry for you huge loss of Sid.....the happy memories will help you through this heartbreaking time
Audrey
Luv My Fur Kids
memaeve

Postby memaeve » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:59 pm

Thanks for the lovely comments. Ah he was a wonderful little character, our Sidlicious.
xm
Previous

Return to In Loving Memory