Hetti - 10 mth old jrt - HOMED

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
niamhicles

Re: Hetti - Jack Russel Terrier cross female - 10 mths

Postby niamhicles » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:48 am

this little girl has gone to her forever home :D
im delighted but am really going to miss her she is everything you would ever want in a furry friend !!

im sure she will be very very happy in her lovely new home and i hope to hear updates soon !!!

good luck little girl !!

ps.... her new name will be daisy :)
Niamh :)

A house is too empty without a 4 legged hairy baby.
pmcg

Postby pmcg » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:07 pm

Hetti now called Daisy had no problem traveling approx 30 miles to her new home. She was nervous at first. When we got home she ran around the house and garden checking out everywhere. Then she decided to do a spot of sun bathing - on my deck chair :lol: She enjoyed a bath and loved being massaged and rubbed dry. Put her to be 11.30pm. Howled like a banshee and barked 'til 4am . Then settled. It was her first night. Second night howled for half hour. Third night howled for 5 mins. Success :D Enjoys her walks. Shes in heat at the moment so can't bring her to beach or fields to run yet. The only person she has'nt taken to is my husband. Barks and grows at him. He's not impressed :( as dogs always get on well with him. She'll come round in her own time. Will send pics soon. Shes a dream of a little dog. Niamh did a great job with her. Thanks to everyone
niamhicles

Postby niamhicles » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:05 am

im delighted to hear this little lady is gettin on well and im happy she is sleeping at night hehe i think i had her a bot spoiled with my bed :lol:
im sure she will come around to noel very soon , she seemed great with him the day she left with you both ... she can be a strange little girl ;) ... hope to see updates and pics of this girl whenever you get a chance, she is a wonder of a little dog !

pmcg

Postby pmcg » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Well, Daisy is indeed making herself at home. Shes acting like a real little puppy too. Chewing the TV remote control :o and a few other things, even though she has a dozen toys and chews to play with. She just gives one big howl at night (thats saying goodnight to us) and then sleeps until morning. We have a kennel in the garden and she lies on its roof and laps up the sun. She is fully house trained. Since we got her she has'nt had as much as one accident in the house :D. She is still a little bit wary of people but is doing fine. The pictures will follow - sometime.........
niamhicles

Postby niamhicles » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:52 pm

im delighted to hear she is making herself at home !! such a great little girl full of personality :)
cant wait to hear more updates on this precious lil one !!!

pmcg

Postby pmcg » Sat May 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Pictures at last - as promised:As you can see Daisy / Hetti is enjoying life and so are we :D
pmcg

Postby pmcg » Mon May 03, 2010 8:41 pm

This is Daisy taking a wellie for a walk.
Relaxing in bed.
Doing a spot of rooftop sun bathing
and posing.
Daisy is really enjoying the good weather. Still only eats her food when I stand beside her. Now that shes no longer in heat she is getting to meet and greet some doggie friends on the beach. I'm getting to meet my doggie owner friends again :D . Happy days for all :lol:
niamhicles

Postby niamhicles » Wed May 05, 2010 2:07 pm

have to say she really looks like she fits in nicely there im soooo happy to see and delighted to hear she is out of heat !!

pmcg

Postby pmcg » Thu May 13, 2010 11:37 am

Hi All,
Well its a month today since we picked up Daisy from Niamh. She is the best dog ever......OK then ......one of the best :D Feels like we always had her. She is so obedient. Loves to run when I let her off the lead but comes back immediately when I call her. She is definitely a girls girl. Loves to be with "the girls" whether they are young or old. She is not too keen on men at all. Daisy has the silkiest coat I have come across in a terrier. She enjoys sitting on the armchair and looking out the window. As you said Niamh she likes company while eating her food. Will only eat if I'm standing beside her. She is not a barker either.Only barks when necessary. Daisy enjoys the human very much and loves to snuggle in at any chance. Oh by the way, shes has got sick in the car on a few occassions even though she was fine the day we picked her up. Anyone got any ideas on how to prevent this? Can't be much fun for Daisy - poor little girl :(
pmcg

Postby pmcg » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:10 pm

Just an update on Daisy (Hetti in her past life). She is flying. Enjoying life to the full. Feels like we always had her. She looked like a much older dog when we got her. Now she has a real playful puppy look. She's much slimmer and has a lovely gloss to her coat now. She's such a good natured girl :P Well done to all dog carers in homing so many dogs.
PreviousNext

Return to Happy Endings