Apollo - Terrier X 7 wks old - HOMED

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Re: Apollo - Terrier X 7 wks old - HOMED

Postby kaydoyle » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:06 am

:D
Attachments
4web[2].jpg
4web[2].jpg (13.88 KiB) Viewed 4313 times
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

Attachments
2web[2].jpg
2web[2].jpg (14.7 KiB) Viewed 4303 times
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:04 am

ash here and I’m writing on behalf of Wiley too as he’s not very good at writing yet.
What he’s excellent at is teasing me!
Wiley is an amazing tease and loves nothing more than getting my ball (well actually any ball ‘cause whatever ball I DON’T have is the one I WANT) and just standing there in front of me waiting for me to react.
We spend hours walking round and round ......Wiley in front with the ball and me following.
Wiley can turn on a halfpenny and so I can never seem to get the ball out of his mouth.

We have become inseparable and always look out for each other.
I have become more needy as I age and will always try and push myself into whatever situation might be happening where there is a willing person with a free hand............that could be put to better use.......... like petting me!!
Wiley is fine with it.......... he just rolls his eyes to heaven and goes off to amuse himself, safe in the knowledge that he is too cute to leave alone for long and someone will pick him up sooner or later and smother him.
He is a fiery critter too, for all his cuteness, and often looses his temper with me if he thinks he has been wronged.
Then Mum gives him time out!

Our DID cousins are all doing well too.
Duke and Kimmy live in Dublin with our uncle and of course Chibi is with Granny and she and Wiley are BEST mates.
They maul each other for the first 20 minutes and then the chasing and playing starts in earnest .......till they are both exhausted.
Being so small they are allowed to jump all over the furniture but when I try it it’s not such a popular move.

The house seems to have turned into an animal hospital lately.
Our cat, Minou, has torn her cruciate ligament and is in a cage in the kitchen for a few weeks.
She is being very good about it and sleeps mostly but her cat food is driving me and Wiley mad!
We can see it there but can’t get to it and Mum often finds the cage across the kitchen where we have pushed it trying to get to that damn food.

Otis, another of our cats, has had to stay in hospital for a week and is now on the mend after getting jaundice.
He was hit by a car 7 years ago and we have kept him alive with special food and medicine ever since
(he’s the cat that thinks he's a dog.....and an electrician......and a gardener....and a carpenter.........whoever is working in the house or outside will have Otis helping!!)
I don’t mind him or Minou and you’ll find us all cuddled together on the sofa in the evenings, but I am afraid of Taylor (our third rescue cat)
Wiley is not afraid of any of them, possibly cause they are all the same size so maybe they can’t tell the difference.

So I bid you farewell and hope that you all have a wonderful holiday season.

Every Best Wish for 2017

Love from Dash and Wiley X

PS Our Christmas photo was a shambles this year.
I do not cooperate when a camera is pointed in my direction.......in fact I have become very uncooperative of late, to say the least.
Mum had hoped that Wiley could have been a snowman.
She tried dipping him into a bag of polystyrene balls in the hope that he would be full of static and all the balls would stick to him........ but they didn’t.
Instead she stood him in them and he just lay down and refused to move before falling asleep, bless him.
Attachments
Merry%20Christmas%202[2].jpg
Merry%20Christmas%202[2].jpg (16.2 KiB) Viewed 148 times
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:17 am

Attachments
Wiley1[2].jpg
Wiley1[2].jpg (30.96 KiB) Viewed 148 times
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:31 pm

From their family...

It is, yet again, coming up to the Christmas season and I have been very bad at keeping in touch with you all.
So I decided to write to you and give you a little catch-up on how I and my side-kick Wiley are getting along.

Can you believe I turned 8 years old this past summer and with it I have become more subdued.
Let me explain my version of subdued........I don't bother getting out of bed unless there's something in it for me.

I am as needy as ever and if there is any chance of someone sitting down and not using their hands, then I am on it like as pro.
Petting.....you can never get enough of it.
Lately I have been able to train Wiley to lick my face.
I throw myself in front of him (repeatedly) and the odd time, when he's in the humour, I have struck gold.
Were I a cat, you'd hear me purr!!

I still carry around a stuffed toy as an offering to anyone looking and as usual nothing is allowed to have a squeaker.
There should be a job for me somewhere as a master of de-squeaking.

Balls are still my main obsession but I am not able to go as long as I used to without loosing the plot and refusing to hand over the ball.
My human parents can't work out if it's the possibility of the game ending and the ball being put away (before I destroy it) or if I am genuinely unable to keep going that long.
Either way, I'm the one with the glassed-over, ball-shaped love-glasses.

Wiley just goes along with whatever.
He's easy to look after and is a little yapping sweetheart (Mum's words!!)
If I happen, by accident, to take anything off him, he doesn't put up any kind of a fight..........he goes and stands silently beside Mum.
She can sense him and immediately knows what I have done and comes and gets whatever it is back for Wiley.
He likes nothing better than being cuddled by Mum but she is very careful to do it when I am not around or I'll be in on the session, I don't just join in, I plough in!!

We continue to love our walks and in fairness to Wiley he's a real trouper.
He is up for anything and for all his posh genetics, is the first to take a running dive for any kind of poop that takes his fancy.
Eau-de-pong all the way, baby :-)

We became uncles last December and our little human nephew turns one next week.
His dog, Toby, is our best friend and often stays with us.
It is lovely having a little human around the place and we are slowly catching on to why Toby is always waiting near the high-chair.
Attachments
5lr.jpg
5lr.jpg (18.16 KiB) Viewed 57 times
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Attachments
Dogs2lr.jpg
Dogs2lr.jpg (26.44 KiB) Viewed 57 times