Nellie - Patterdale Terrier

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
Indianna

Re: Nellie - Patterdale Terrier

Postby Indianna » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:28 am

Guess what? Jet and Dudley are going to see the vet today, but NOT me. Jet has to get her booster, not sure what that means, maybe she will be able to run faster, although she runs pretty fast anyway :? . Dudley has to get weighed because he is on a diet :lol: :lol: :lol: . My only slight problem this morning is I am soaking wet because I have been raking around in my garden in the rain. Jet kindly licked most of my coat dry when I came into the house. She always dries me when I get wet. Tried to sit on the creature's knee as she is sitting using the computer but she put me back on the bed. That wasn't such a good idea because she saw Dudley sleeping on the bed (yes, he is wet too) and I had managed to dry my paws by walking over the bed to reach her :P She just sighed in a slightly dramatic way :roll: when she saw the state of 'our' bed and put me back on it anyway. I know my creature keeps looking at all the other dogs on the site and that worries us a little bit, three is such a nice number and we like that but she likes five :evil: Can't someone block her ;)
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:50 pm

We are home again. Dudley's weight is coming down (has lost 1 kg in the last few months but still has a little bit to go). Slowly, slowly as the vet said, no need for any crash diets. Sadly, Jet has lost nothing and is at least 1 kg overweight so she has to have her food intake cut back a little bit more, but nothing drastic. I forget to cut her actual food back when she gets treats for training, but I will try to remember that. It is so difficult for poor Jet, having been so, so hungry in the past she just inhales everything she can get hold of. On a positive note, I can get her into the surgery now but the second the vet tries to examine her she lies down and we cannot get her up so best effort is Jet lying on her stomach, front legs extended. Now, try to picture this, Jet on stomach, vet on knees and sitting on his heels, Jet's nose just touching vets knees, vet trying to palpate Jet's abdomen, Nellie appears, puts front paws on Jet's back and tries to lick vet's face. Dudley beside me but stretches his head forward and sniffing at Jet and vet, obviously trying to work out what was going on :? Nellie had already put herself on the scales 2- 3 times during the visit so when he was finished with the other two the vet asked her to go on the scales, which she did and her weight (it was perfect) was recorded on her record. My dogs put me to shame every single time we go out, one of them always does something that makes me cringe and today was no different :roll: :roll: :roll: The vet was smiley and chatty, great with the dogs but probably thinking what an idiot! :oops:
Mutley

Postby Mutley » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Indianna, it's a bit like going out with toddlers isn't it, just somewhat more unpredictable! ;) I had a similar vet visit a few days back..two vets no less and a slave human trying to hold a little collie head still for two seconds for an eye inspection...more shed hair on me and the table than the dog when I left! I swear they do it to teach us a lesson. :roll: Well done on your perfect weight Nellie...as for poor Dudley and Jet...don't mention the "D" word! :( Onwards and downwards shall be the new weight loss motto.
I gave you my house when you were alone; when I walk through the door it now feels like home
Tail wagging and waiting our bond quickly grew; such unconditional love…who rescued who?
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Onwards and downwards is the perfect phrase Mutley :-) So pleased to know that I am not alone in the regular fiasco I find myself in with the dogs, especially at the vets.
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:02 pm

Up-date for my little black diamond, Nellie the wellie boot. What can I say about Nellie. She is the most affectionate little soul and actually getting rather sensitive as she gets older. Maybe finally realised that she is not alone in the world and she can show her slightly scared side now and again. That said, most of the time she is like a little rocket, great fun and just a super little mutt. I am so glad she is part of the family and I would not part company with her for the world! She is getting very grey now but she must be at least 7 but could be 9, who knows and who cares. She is in complete charge of security at home and in the car and I dread to think what would happen if someone ignored her warnings. Anyhoo, she lives life to the full, eats like a horse and sleeps on the bed. Watches out for cats, hedgehogs and posties and keeps them all away from the house :lol:
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Thanks Indianna....she is a lucky little girl to have found you :D
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
Angela1

Postby Angela1 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:34 pm

:D :D Sounds like doggie bliss
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:16 pm

It's more like doggie chaos :lol: :lol: :lol: Rescue dogs are so good, they really do seem to embrace their new lives with gusto and try so, so hard to get everything right :)
df77

Postby df77 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:01 am

So glad to hear from you Nellie - Lots of love and licks from your pen pal,

Ms Flo xxx
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:00 pm

Well, it's been so long since I have been in touch, apologies for that :oops: Anyhow, I am well and spend a lot of my time protecting my garden from anyone I consider too close. Do you know who comes too close? The postman :twisted: If I could just get out of the gate, well, he wouldn't come back. I sometimes see him when I am out and about and either try to stalk him but the creature usually notices that and tells me to leave him alone or I give him a good barking performance and he goes away 8-) We have actually had some lovely days recently and I have enjoyed sitting outside just enjoying the heat and watching out for anything I have to deal with. If the creature needs me indoors she always gets me a treat otherwise I don't bother. Honestly, she is a complete push over and we all pretty much have her wound round our paws :lol: I see all the DID people and foster families are as busy as ever. I thank everyone who helped me when I needed you :) I am happy, fed, watered and loved by the creature and my canine pals.
PreviousNext

Return to Happy Endings