Nellie - Patterdale Terrier

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
Indianna

Re: Nellie - Patterdale Terrier

Postby Indianna » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Round the village green? That's not for me. In the car and off to a country estate to hunt wildlife. Didn't actually see any but I know the place was moving with all things furry :x .
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Tue May 07, 2019 12:38 pm

Hello all DID dogs and humans. Hope you are all well. I see Jet thinks the creature is wondering whether she is fat. Not Jet, the creature, she IS fat and really should get us out and about a lot more. That said she took me to a lovely beach last weekend but she never takes any images so I will have to get her told. The tide was coming in and the waves were huge, big enough for people to be surfing. They looked pretty frozen when they came onto the beach, you have to admire their 'bravery' (or is it stupidity :? ). I didn't go in otherwise I would have been washed out to sea but I did enjoy watching the comings and goings :D .
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:08 pm

Christmas is almost upon us so time for a message. I developed a respiratory problem several months ago and was coughing quite a lot. Vet thinks I have bronchitis and I now have to use (well the creature operates the thing) two different inhalers. One is a vasodilator and the other has steroids in it. I have to have two puffs of each inhaler twice a day. At least the cough is now under control. I still enjoy my walks and have not slowed down at all. When I am not out and about I sit on my little chair at the window and watch for the postman. If I see him I give him a very severe barking and guess what? . . . he goes away. Works every time :P I have lived in my home for 10 years now and we all think that I am 12 now. Can you believe that? don't feel 12. I have a few (million) grey hairs now but you would hardly notice them ;) Still enjoy doing my tricks, the best ones are lifting each front paw at the same time the creature lifts her paws or should that be feet? Walking back when asked, well, I am so good at that move now I almost trot, I have been told it looks great. Can do static weaves and walk weaves. Was hunting pheasants today, could hear them, couldn't see them but was having a good old rake around in the long grass and had a great time doing it. I will tell the creature to get a nice photo of me posted. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:39 pm

Had a play date with my friend Flora today :D . Flora lives in a lovely house in a very rural area with a HUGE garden and I spent a lot of time rolling about having a good old scratch on the frosty ground - lovely. The rest of the time was spent patrolling the perimeter fence looking for any weak points, sadly I didn't find any :( .
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:45 pm

Great to hear she is doing so well :D
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:13 pm

Thanks. She really is one of the best little dogs, bright as a button and up for anything. She has days when she does not cough at all and then (usually in the mornings and for no apparent reason) she will cough several times. It is so like kennel cough even with the retching at the end of the coughing fit. Looking back, she has always had this cough but only now and again. I remember that I cancelled outings with her because I thought she had kennel cough and always thought it odd that none of the other dogs got it. Would drive them to the middle of no-where for a walk so we would not be spreading kennel cough but she clearly didn't have it at all. I see that you have many super little terriers on site, wish I could take them all, especially the 2 little Yorkies, Teddy and Ruby.
Previous

Return to Happy Endings