JJ..5 year old male Rough Collie...ref 110..HOMED

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
Mutley

Re: JJ..5 year old male Rough Collie...ref 110..HOMED

Postby Mutley » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:01 am

A pleasure to meet you on Saturday, Ben - very chilled and handsome chap. ;)
I gave you my house when you were alone; when I walk through the door it now feels like home
Tail wagging and waiting our bond quickly grew; such unconditional love…who rescued who?
Mobrowne

Postby Mobrowne » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi everybody, it's Ben here and I just thought I'd let you know how I'm getting on. I've been living in my home now since March and I'm really happy. I love my fur sister Sparky so much and we get along really well. That's her with me in the collage pictures that my mam made. I've put on some weight and the vet says I am just right now for my breed, they said I was a bit too thin before I came to live here. My coat looks so much better too I think, because everybody we meet when we are out walking says I look gorgeous. Nobody used to speak to me in the place where I lived before :cry: I go out for three walks every day now... I can't believe my luck. You can see me roaming through the grass on Howth Head in one of the photos in the collage. We went there in the car. I love travelling in the car. I still have my heart problems but I am really good and take my medicine twice every day so that I have enough energy to play. I'm really looking forward to my first Christmas here and I'm all dressed up and ready for it as you can see. I think if I lean forward a bit nearer to the Christmas tree I can smell some yummy Christmas treats that my mam has wrapped up for me :)
I really think I have come on a lot in the past 9 months and if you look at the picture of me on my first day in the pound you will probably agree with me. I looked pretty sad and miserable that day but I should have been happy because it was in fact the day I was rescued and started my new life... I just didn't know it :lol:
Attachments
Ben then & now.jpg
Ben then & now.jpg (39.1 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
Ben then & now.jpg
Ben then & now.jpg (39.1 KiB) Viewed 1207 times
"A dog is one of the few things in life that is as it seems" ~ Mark J Asher
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:36 am

Wow...what a difference...he looks so happy now..thank you for giving such an amaing happy ending... :D
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
Hebe

Postby Hebe » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Oh Ben, your blog post made me well up. What a lucky dog you are to have found your safe haven, and that is no more than you deserve. You are a credit to your family and to your breed. Lovely lovely boy.
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:09 pm

Its a dogs life...afternoon tea on a rainy afternoon :D
Attachments
ben.jpg
ben.jpg (53.93 KiB) Viewed 961 times
Mobrowne

Postby Mobrowne » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:08 am

I’d just like to say a huge thanks to Kathy & Marie for bringing Ben into our lives. He’s with us now a year today. He still has his little health problems and his fears but they are part of this lovely boy. He’s our Ben and we love him so much. We just can’t imagine life without him… Maureen x

Hi everyone it’s Ben here

We’re all celebrating here in my home today because it’s my gotcha day. We have treats and all it’s a real party. Did I tell you all how happy I am now ……. I think I might have :D

I can’t believe I’m with my real family now for a whole year. I’ve settled in just great. Me and Sparky are the best of pals. She’s a lot older than me but because I’m a bit slow it’s grand. I’m getting faster though. If you take a look at my video on the link here you can see me running in St Anne’s park. I couldn’t do that at all for about 8 months after I was rescued so I’m delighted that I can run around now and I have lots of toys to play with. I get praised just the same as Sparky does when I’m good and I never get into trouble. I even ate a whole seat off the leather sofa but nobody gave out to me…… they were just worried that I’d be sick and my dad wrapped me up in a blanket that night and kept checking to see if I was ok.

I still don’t like the rain and wind. They really scare me but when I have to go out in them I just walk really close to my family and I feel safe. I still don’t really like the dark either. I bark a lot though so everyone thinks I’m really brave  I’m getting groomed again tomorrow. Imagine that, this will be my third time to be groomed since I came to my home and I was never groomed for 6 whole years before that. I love when I’m all clean and my hair is cut because I look so handsome. I better go now, I have games to play and treats to eat.

I love my life :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhYmXy3uABw
Attachments
www.kizoa.com_collage_2016-03-09_23-48-45.jpg
www.kizoa.com_collage_2016-03-09_23-48-45.jpg (48.74 KiB) Viewed 828 times
"A dog is one of the few things in life that is as it seems" ~ Mark J Asher
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:26 pm

What a difference...thank you so much.... :D
yoddy

Postby yoddy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Happy gotcha day Ben and family! You've just had the best year of your life, but I suspect it's only going to get better and better. Lovely story.....don't eat too many treats! Well done Maureen and family. Xxx
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Mon May 09, 2016 8:36 am

Ben & his teddy :D
Attachments
received_1171831609503109.jpeg
received_1171831609503109.jpeg (39.65 KiB) Viewed 721 times
kaydoyle
Site Admin