Re: Flo - Jrt - approx. 8yrs...ref 433 *HOMED**

Read stories of dogs who found their forever homes. Please keep us updated on how your new family member is settling in - we love to hear how they are getting on. It makes it all worthwhile!
df77

Postby df77 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:24 pm

Sad news.

Hello all,

Little Flobers passed over the rainbow bridge on Christmas night. She had been sick and it seemed she was improving but her little body just gave up on Christmas Day.

As she weakened, we wrapped her in her favourite crochet blanket that was knitted by a fellow rescuer. We cuddled her and sang to her until she was ready and lost consciousness.
She was not in pain or distress.

We are heartbroken but want to thank DiD for giving her a second chance and allowing us to be part of that.

Christine - she is buried (beside Fat Henry) wrapped in her crochet blanket and her other favourite - the brown satin one you gave to her to start her new life.

Thank you DiD. I want you to know we could not have loved her any more.

Sleep well little Flobers xxx
Attachments
20181214_212710.jpg
20181214_212710.jpg (19.5 KiB) Viewed 68 times
Mobrowne

Postby Mobrowne » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:23 am

So sorry to hear the sad news that Flo has gone to Rainbow Bridge :(

She had wonderful years with you that you can treasure forever. RIP little one x
"A dog is one of the few things in life that is as it seems" ~ Mark J Asher
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:35 pm

I am heartbroken to read this. Flo was the star of DID, what a super little dog, one in a million.
df77

Postby df77 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:04 am

Hi - just so people know - she had been with the vet for heart problems which she was on meds for.
She had gotten weaker so they had her on a drip the day before to build her up and homeopathic remedies.
We did not call the vet as there was nothing left to do and as she was not in pain or distress we kept her with us (as she deteriorated in a few hours).
I just did not want anyone to think we just left her with no vet visits (when I read back the post it seemed that way)
As sad as it was, she passed gently and peacefully.
RIP beautiful Flo x
kaydoyle
Site Admin

Postby kaydoyle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:06 pm

So sorry :( but she had a great life with you...
Learn from yesterday - Live for today - Hope for tomorrow!!!! -
Indianna

Postby Indianna » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:05 pm

No-one could doubt how much you cared for the fabulous little Flo, you gave her a wonderful life and I loved following her antics. She must have been a very old girl and I take heart from the fact she was at home, surrounded by those who loved her the most. She had a massive character and certainly gave me lots of laughs and smiles so Flo, for that I thank you.
yoddy

Postby yoddy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:45 pm

I'm so upset to read this very sad news about both Flo and Henry. They were characters and I loved their antics. They're together again causing mayhem over the bridge. So sorry for both your losses. Yvonne
ColganFamily

Postby ColganFamily » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:10 pm

So sad to hear this :( thinking of you all. As Winnie the pooh said 'how lucky am I to have had something that makes saying goodbye so hard.' Flo was evidently so loved by you. Hope you have lots of fun at rainbow bridge with Henry, little one. RIP
Previous

Return to Happy Endings